A Simple Tool Mod For Swing Arm Locknut Etc

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ChrisJHuff, Sep 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    a topic probably covered elsewhere and everyone is laughing - oh that old thing...so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere

I needed to change an old grubby and paint peeling rear swing arm on my sprint RS - which necessitated the use of special tools (cut down sockets by the look) to release and re-tighten the locknut and collar on the spindle

I had trouble using the tools from the onset as they kept slipping sidewards out of the cutaways...so in desperation I came up with the following dirt cheap mod if anyone is interested

the tools are simple cut down sockets of the right diameters, to stop them slipping sideways I simply encased them in tubes - here a piece of plastic pipe and a plastic bottle top from something or other - then sliding them down over the locknut or collar the tool stays in place rather than slip off sidewards

simple and cheap and works - just thought I'd share the experience I had and how I solved my problem

DSC_7610.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1