Sprint A Newbie 'Find'

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Blue Flame, Mar 5, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Apologies if this is common knowledge but I thought I would share this wee 'find' that I have just made.

Since picking up my Sprint GT on Friday I have been debating what to do with the hard luggage when on trips. Now I know that you can buy official Inner Bags but I wanted to come up with something for less cash.

As it turns out the answer lay in my hut. I have a set of OXFORD 1st time soft luggage that I used on the SV and as luck would have it I find that they are almost the perfect shape and size to utilise as Inner Bags.

Just thought i would share in case you have some old soft luggage that might fit the bill. :smile:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Thanks for sharing, great tip :upyeah:

3. chris

chris New Member

May 10, 2013
    I like that idea - I pick my sprint up next week, and I have a set of Oxford soft luggage which I use on my SV ... Have to try them for fit !

4. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    I can confirm that it worked a treat for me. Just back from Northern Spain using them (expanded) :smile:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Hope you had a good trip...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    It is the first time I have taken a bike to foreign lands and I have to say it was the best fun I have ever had. The whole experience (including the 24 hour ferry crossing to Spain) was just one big adventure.

I fully intend to bore you all silly with lengthy video clips taken from the action cam some time soon. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Got to agree, I love it, from the moment you roll down to the front of the ferry queue. Bloody great. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I normally go via euro tunnel........

9. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I always find it harder to get used to riding back here than it is getting used to the roads over there! Just feels more natural, somehow. Roundabouts are a hoot!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    yeah i prefer left hand corners.....

11. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Apparently (according to a police rider's views on this) it's because we don't like putting our soft bits towards oncoming traffic! The opposite corners would be true abroad but maybe it's an inbuilt thing by now?

12. Nothingbettertodo

Oct 30, 2012
    Shepperton
    I agree. I have been crossing over the channel on the bike for 15 years and it always feels natural going over but have to give it a lot more thought when I return. I have a theory. Watch what people do when they walk down the street or along a corridor and they have to pass somebody walking in the opposite direction. They invariably pass on the right. I find this applies when cycling along cycle routes and climbing stairs. I think it is something inate in us.

• Like Like x 1