Featured A New Seat For The T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by LeezRyd, Jun 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    It has finally arrived!! My new seat from Omega Racing (omegaracing.com). It's the JP Sport Duo. Had them install gel pads during the construction. Each seat is built to customer order. Because of the Virus, it had to be sent via cargo ship instead of air transport, so it took a L-O-N-N-N-G time to get here in the States (10 weeks). Haven't had a chance to take a ride with it yet, but just sitting on it in the garage, it's pretty comfy and allows for plenty of fore/aft movement if needed. I'm thinkin' that maybe this is my last upgrade, but who knows?

DSCN0452.JPG

DSCN0453.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I like it :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Looks very comfortable and worth the wait :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Way past the time when motorcycle manufacturers (Especially high end machines) should be offering comfortable (Optional?) seats, and, making all other controls infinitely adjustable (Within a certain range...hope that’s not an Oxymoron?) so that buyers don’t have to bend theirselves out of shape to fit the bike. Or start spending silly money to change things.
    Seats seem to be a popular area of discomfort for longer rides.
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Great looking seat :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Haddock

Haddock Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Netherlands
    Nice seat! But found it on omegaracer.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Thanks for the correction, Haddock. I should have been more thorough when proofing my post. Guess I was too eager to show off the seat

• Like Like x 3
  8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Looks very nice but is it comfortable ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Timothy Peters

Timothy Peters Senior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Palatine, IL USA
    Very nice,

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Very nice seat, indeed, @LeezRyd! That's a great bike along with that seat and bags. But...."last upgrade"? What does that mean? I've never heard of that. ;):joy:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. rmoore911

rmoore911 New Member

May 20, 2020
    Great looking seat. What options did you choose when ordering?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yep looks the business.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Now that is pretty!

14. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I like it looks great

15. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Thanks, everyone. Gonna get the chance to use it this week for a comfort check. Hope I'm not disappointed. Got used to the stock seat for the long rides, so we'll see... As far as options, the seat was ordered in March with the following; Dark Night color, diamond stitch, with gel pad added for the driver. The seat is fully assembled and there are no problems with the install. Just slide the forward tongue under its' stay, and push the rear plunger into its' receptacle and your done

Sandi, being a Septuagenarian, you come to realize when enough is enough. I've modified the suspension, front and rear, I've added bar end mirrors to see something other than my elbows, I've added the "comfort" seat. I'm sticking to the "slow lane" so there's no need for dragging a knee around corners or loud exhaust that says "My d#&* is bigger than yours". I just wanna enjoy the remaining years that I have. I'm just a "keeper of the keys" for now. When the bike gets handed over to my grandkids, it'll be their "blank canvas" to do what they want with it. I just like the bike the way it is

• Like Like x 2
  16. Troy Perdue

Troy Perdue New Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Tennessee, USA
    Did it change the seat height any? It looks a bit lower than that stock seat height?

17. Bonniejoe

Bonniejoe Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2020
    Bayside NY
    What year is your Bonnie? You mentioned your new seat clicking into place. I'm pretty sure the seat I have screws down with 2 screws, no clicking. Love the seat it looks great on your bike. I like the diamond pattern you selected. I want the pressed seem model so the seat can be 100% waterproof.

18. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Tony, the seat maybe a little lower, but really doesn't seem as such. What I really like about the seat is the placement of the rise towards the rear. It's far enough aft, where you don't feel like your sitting on the tank. On a couple of seats I've tried, the rise puts you firmly well forward on the seat, with no freedom of "butt placement", whereas the Omega seat allows you to find a comfortable seating position without crowding the tank

Joe, my bike is a 2019 model. I'm thinking that when the liquid cooled Bonnie's were introduced in 2016(?), there were design changes that included how the seat is fastened to the frame, from two rear hold-down screws to a rear plunger that is secured and unlocked with a key

• Like Like x 1