A Little Recognition...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cyborgbot, May 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#1 Cyborgbot, May 31, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2019
    It made me wonder if it is possible that I had perhaps met by accident other members of our illustrious forum over the years - and not even known it. Other than us all being slightly pre-disposed to have poor DNA, low-IQs, beer bellies, halitosis and even worse eyesight (thanks to David Cooper and his remarkable contribution to the Babe's and Bikes thread) it would be impossible to recognise any of you.

Many have posted pictures, ranted about cafes and shared their stories of rides out in places that I have been (and sometimes even on the same day) that I began to wonder if there might be a way of saying hello.

I'd not want a t-shirt with tTF emblazoned on it, a tattoo, or a bloody ugly sticker on the bike but maybe a little TF written in permanent marker (teeny letters) on the bottom right of a number plate might work?

Is this a crazy idea?

Maybe we're all better off by avoiding each other?

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Sounds like a good idea, maybe a small sticker with a TF logo that could go on the corner of a number plate.

• Like Like x 5
  3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Of course, it could work in completely the opposite way as well.... :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

What, that it would help make sure we don't accidentally natter to another member of the forum?

Perhaps we should have our forum ID/name on it too - that way I'd never speak to anyone... :sob:

• Like Like x 1
  5. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    FT ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

tTF - the Triumph Forum...

FT = Financial Times

:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I look like Gollum's arse. I'll keep an eye out for u :joy:

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Cast me out as being a buffoon but if I am stopped and I see a Triumph with a human attached, i ask them if they are on any internet type forums .........

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#9 Cyborgbot, May 31, 2019
    That might work for you. In another thread I admitted to being a social fuckwit. I’d run out if Valium if I had to speak to everyone - the stress would be overwhelming. Maybe I’d just end up investing in a BMW GS as at least no one would want to talk to me...

Joking...

Definitely not wanting to initiate a flame war.

Edit: although they may just kick me in the shins...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    What am I supposed to do then? I’ve got a Triumph and a BMW :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#11 Cyborgbot, May 31, 2019
    As I understand the current suggestion, you get one sticker for your awesome Triumph where you will be welcomed as a compadre, trusted and respected individual. You will be oozing charisma and sexual intoxication. People will gather to hear you speak - even if it is only to hear about how bad the traffic has been or how your bunions are giving you gip.

Or u turn up on a BMW with another logo sticker and only get one of ur shins kicked - vs some one that doesn’t have a Triumph, who’d get both of their shins kicked and a nasty glare...

Sounds reasonable...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Its quite obvious you get rid of the BMW for another Triumph :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1