Featured A Good Deal Me Thinks !!!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by TEZ 217, Mar 8, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Normally I shop around as I find no matter how you may try to stay loyal
    by trying to stick with one company the stick ultimately comes right back at ya
    but pointed end first come renewal time :mad::mad: !!!
    I find that I usually get a good price from Bikesure (Adrian Flux)
    But This time for my yet to be picked up Triumph America (2014)
    Ive just been insured by Carol Nash !! for the excellent price all in
    to include usual European cover, cover on other bikes, 100k legal cover,
    free Security DNA kit, and Free Breakdown Cover etc for the grand total of --
    ONE HUNDRED POUNDS !!!!
    A GOOD DEAL ME THINKS PEOPLE :):):):)

• Like Like x 5
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That sounds like a very good deal Tez, well done.

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I'm convinced insurance companies will try and push up your premium if they think they can get away with it - it pays to shop around but they rely on most people not bothering. Don't worry about being loyal to them - let them chase your business.

4. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Insurance prices can be all over the place.

Last week I renewed my insurance. Currently I'm insuring a 2005 Speedmaster and a 2016 Vespa 300

I was with Bennetts and their renewal price was £387, (they had forgot that my non-fault claim was settled April 2015), I reminded them of that fact and they then quoted £185..... but when I informed them of the change of Scooter from a 2007 model to a brand new one the price went up to £500 !!! ................
    Long story short, I'm now with Carole Nash for £260, it wasn't the cheapest quote, but it had the level of cover I wanted.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oh to live beyond the m25, mines probably going to be in the £500 region for the 2 bikes!!
    I could get a surprise though!

6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    That Chinese 650 thingy of mine on Tpft only works out at around £89 with low xs and only one years ncb. Just going to renew next few days. Wife says can we have one of those superman muppets (meerkats) and I said as it happens it's that time of year again.
    I've not found a combination policy yet that's cheaper than three separate ones

7. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    My Carol Nash renewal came through lower than last year's premium, think that is a first for me from any insurance company.
    With European breakdown and other benefits I rate these guys

8. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Got my renewal from Carole Nash the other day. 203 squids ain't bad for cover etc, and, much better than Bennets

9. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Got a quote from MCE today for my yet-to-be-delivered T120 of £240 for comp with £1500 excess or £440 with £250 excess. I've been with MCE for a couple of years and the quote compares favourably with what I was paying on my Honda NC750X (I live in London, so expect to pay more) and I've got max NCD.
    Think I'll shop around a bit before committing though....

10. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Definately its always worth shopping around !!!
    pain in the arse, but you can save yourself a good few quid

11. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    I just got a online quotation (new customer) from Carole Nash, but after having to phone because they didn't send quote, it seems that due to company policy they were unable to either post or email a copy of the quotation for me to peruse, it didn't bode well for me before departing with my hard earned.....

I simply wanted it in writing what I was (going to) pay for, how hard can that be. I wanted to make sure all details were ok before having to go down the 14 day exit, refund malarkey.

Can't believe I was having to make a case on the telephone for a quote, never mind a claim!!

Anyone else have this issue with Carole Nash?

12. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #12 TEZ 217, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Nope never had that issue, but then again never done an online quote with carol nash always been by phone call
    then i've requested details to be sent out to me which they have been.
    Though not surprised by anything where insurance companies are concerned :mad::mad:

13. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Just renewed my insurance with ebikeinsurance.co.uk they were quoting £220 which was the same as last year,It is a multi bike cover and it also has european cover included in the price (i think with some policys that is an extra) I normally change insurers every year which is a pain but as the price seemed not to bad i didn't bother checking other brokers

14. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Now that's impressive. Might get one myself now

15. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just did a quote on their site and UK plus European cover was approx £150 extra.

Fully comp basic cover £180; with European and UK breakdown cover £330.

16. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i was going to be an extra £56 for uk only breakdown cover, i don't know how much the european breakdown cover would be as i'm already covered for that through the RAC. Last year was the first time i have used ebike and thankfully i havn't had the need to find out if they are any good yet!