Sprint 96 Sprint Still Carving In The Black Hills Of Sd

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Tim Schultz, Aug 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tim Schultz

Tim Schultz Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A month back I was sick of work and needed a break so it was off to my favorite riding area where I live. The Black Hills in South Dakota are about 500 miles from my home on the east side of the state where it is flat plains and not many good twisty bits. I have rode the Hills every couple of years for over 40 years now. Been to Sturgis Rally many many times but what I prefer is to go out in mid July and just ride the mountain roads. Spent 4 days riding north to south and south to north hitting all my favorites; Sprearfish and Vannocker canyon roads, Needles Highway, Iron Mountain Road, Custer State Park, Sheridan Lake Road, Nemo Trail and several repeat rides over same roads. My 1996 Sprint, which I have had since it came out of he crate, performed so well I was in heaven. Recently did all new brake disks and pads, tires, sprockets and chain and fork seals. Driving into and powering out of the curves and twists was shear joy and I was amazed as to how well the old girl performs. My hat is off to the folks that built this bullet proof machine at Hickley Plant. I never plan on getting rid of it even though last month I bought a sharp, clean low miles BMW K1200S. It to is a lot of fun even for this middle aged hard core rider. Just couldn't pass it up for the price and I have always wanted one since I was stationed in Germany back in the early eighties.
    Here's a few pics if your interested

Live to Ride - Ride to Live

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Bike & Ole Faithful 7-7-18 II.JPG

New Bike 7-7-18 I.JPG