955i 2006 Re-map

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by stutheflu, Apr 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stutheflu

stutheflu New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Liverpool
    Hi,
    Have a 2006 955i with a Demon Carbon slip on exhaust, bike runs as it should I guess. However, Baffle out and yup you’ve guessed it popping on deceleration. In comparison to the baffle in, l also have to keep it at much higher revs to prevent it from spluttering going up the gears. I prefer the baffle out so people can hear me coming as I filter etc.. & Okay it just sounds better!
    I realise there are already re-maps available via ECU tune but can anyone that’s experienced similar recommend an available map that might smooth things out please? I’m assuming the bike is now running too lean??? There were a couple of maps that I saw that sounded promising but they were also stipulated to have been done on a 45t sprocket, mines the standard 42. Would minus 3 teeth really make a difference to the map? That said I’m probably going to change to a 45 anyway, But would still like some opinion on a suitable map. Will be doing it myself via an ECU cable (if I can keep the engine cool enough - which leads me on to another question can the temperature the fan comes on at be manipulated?)
    Thank you in advance.
    Stu

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    The Julian tune is very good

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. stutheflu

stutheflu New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Liverpool
    Thank you, just had a look, I will hopefully get a chance to try that one out this weekend.
    Stu

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Hows it going?

6. stutheflu

stutheflu New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Liverpool
    I haven’t had a chance to do it yet thanks. Hopefully tomorrow! & I’ll let you know.

7. stutheflu

stutheflu New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Liverpool
    The Julian tune is definitely an improvement but i’m still getting the odd back fire decelerating so I’ve given up and the baffle is back in.

• Like Like x 1