900 Thruxton Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Chris Wise, Jun 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I have 2013 900 Thruxton and it came new back in 2013 with Metzeler MZ2 tyres fitted and I have always replace them with same for same (Metzelers 130/80 MZ2 ).Once again my back tyre is up for replacing but was thinking of having a change and might go for the Avon roadrunner back and front .Just wonder if they are any different to the Metzeler MZ2 .They are about the same price just wonder if it is worth a change or would it be best to stick with the Metzelers ?????

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I use the road runners on mine and love them, haven’t used the mZ2s so can’t give you a comparison

3. Richard Petter

Richard Petter New Member

Aug 11, 2018
    Doncaster
    Avon road rider suit me, wet or dry

4. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I changed from the Metzelers to the Avon road runners and if I am honest I preferred the Metzelers the road runners and once these Avon road runners need replacing I will go back to the Metzelers

5. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I've got a Metzeler MZ2 on the rear of my Thruxton. It's ok but it seems a little hard to me and I don't get a lot of feedback from the rear end when cornering. So its fine for long distance riding and/or touring, but I'm going to switch to something a little stickier next time.

6. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Im on the michelin pilot activ tyres at the moment and love them very grippy not much tracking and i can lob it around in the bends inspiring confidence

• Like Like x 1
  7. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    As I inherited a Metzeler Lasertech on the front, I decided to opt for a Lasertech rear, so when I get a few miles under my belt on it, I'll give my impressions of how it compares with the MEZ2 I've just removed.

• Like Like x 1