765rs Clutch Slipping From New

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by toppo765, Oct 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. toppo765

toppo765 New Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Leicester
    hi just got my new 765RS ,had a 80 miles trip home from dealer , got to 40 miles keeping her under 5k , stopped half way for a rest, got bike on bike after 10 mins I noticed just before 5k revs the clutch starting slipping , anyone else had this happen ,I had to loosen the clutch cable abit when I got home ,there was no free play in it , just hope it did not damage the clutch at all , I told the dealer and they said it was the fully synth oil that was in it ,I thought new bikes had cheaper running in oil in them for the running in, ive had 4 new bikes and never had a clutch slip on any of them ?

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Synthetic oil? Sounds like dealer code for “We goofed on the PDI.”

It will have done no real harm. You need a smidgen of slack to assure no preload on the clutch springs.

3. toppo765

toppo765 New Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Leicester
    yeah gave it a abit of slack , seems ok will soon find out after my first service when I can give it abit more in the rev range

4. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I had the same on a new speed triple the clutch was over adjusted on the cable causing clutch slip, slacken it of and the bike was fine :) doesn't say much about triumph mechanics though:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1