Featured 765 Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Bad Billy, Jun 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #1 Bad Billy, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Withdrawn

• Like Like x 6
  2. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    Hi Big Fella.... me, im a bit beefier, 18.5 st.
    mine has 1500 miles on it at the moment and got to say the suspension is perfect.... checked the settings and are exactly as it states in your manual for fast road use.
    Run mine....track mode all the time... superb out of the box. brilliant in the twistys, so much confidence given back.
    Oh, and wait till shes run in, get her above 9k rpm and shes a different bike again.... track slag
    Just my input

3. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #3 t552, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    I was at a track day at Snett on Sat with Clive Wood and his 765.
    Now Clive is pretty good at bike set up and has done for Brit Championship riders. Unlike what you may hear and read many cant set up a bike to save their life its the crew chief that has to decipher what they say to set up the bike.
    Anyway I asked him what it was like and he said the book settings have got it pretty much bang on. In track mode and track suss settings he said it was almost perfect.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    nice bike Billy liking the pipe,i wouldn't worry about going over the 500 mile service by to much usually only oil and filter change anyway ,but if unsure always worth a phone call

5. jeznewsome

jeznewsome Active Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Preston, UK
    Anyone got any details of lighter spring rate for the Shock or even the shock identification number, which is apparently near the top mount.

The Mrs has just got an RS and initial set-up (static and rider sag) suggests that the spring is, not suprisingly, too hard a rate for her 65 ish kgs.

Whilst the current spring is marked with a spring rate (95N/mm) it does not carry the normal Ohlins identification nos.

6. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Sag can't be set if spring rate is too far off for the rider. Dangerous results. $65 USD spring is mich cheaper and much more pleasant than a trip to the the ER. JMO.