765 R S20 Evo

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Josh martin, May 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Josh martin

Josh martin New Member

May 15, 2019
    aylesbury
    Hi I have just joined the street triple club and I absolutely love it but the Pirelli rosso corsa tyres have flatted off in 2500 miles so I have ordered some bridgestone s20 evo's does anyone know if they will be any good for this bike cheers Josh

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Tyres are a very emotive subject and there are lots of threads on here full of people asking about which ones to fit. The Bridgestones will be fine, as will most tyres made these days. Tyres have come on leaps and bounds in recent years, the grip and mileage you can get out of modern tyres is fabulous. It used to be that if you got a touring tyre that lasted for many miles you couldn’t lean on it and if you got a sports tyre that gave you grip at full lean it was worn out before the tank was empty. In any event, the bike will feel brand new on a pair of new tyres, just give em a few hundred miles to bed in properly and scrub off the release agent.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Aren't the S20 EVO the old version suoerseded by S21 then S22 so why not get the latest ones for latest tech. As Yoerkshireman says though, pretty much any decent sporty tyre should be OK unless you are Marc Marquez..

4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    If you're lucky you'll get an extra 500-1000 miles out of them but no guarantees. If you're looking for longer life then you've really got to go with the sports tourers such as the T30 or T30 Evo, you'll still get the performance but with a harder compound in the centre it will give many more miles before squaring off without really losing any performance on the more spirited rides. As I've said on other posts, Ron Haslams Race School use them so can't be that bad ;);)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    I had T30s on my Blackbird. a lot of loading and they were good to the edges on spirited rides and that was a big bus of a bike . Stil only lasted about 4K miles though IIRC

6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Tyres are the only thing that contacts your to the tarmac, there aren't really wrong choices, just be honest with the sort of rider you are, and what you use the bike for, then choose the tyre that fits the bill.
    Personally I have always preferred Pirelli, had them on my 765RS, did 2 rears and a front in 5,500 miles, then put Michelin on, didn't keep it long after changing but didn't feel like the bike turned in as well and confidence in them wasn't the same as Pirelli SC.
    Now I am racing I still use Pirelli SC as they are an awesome track tyre, they give great feed back which helps with confidence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Not quite enough feedback it would seem, from your recent photos! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nothing to do with the tyres mate, was the hamfisted fecktard riding the bike forgetting where to brake :eek:, then being too stupid/chicken shit to turn in when it would of gone round! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1