765 765 Exhaust With De Cat

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Jedclampet, Feb 1, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jedclampet

Jedclampet New Member

Jan 16, 2018
    New Jersey
    I'm interested in saving the maximum weight and removing the cat yet haven't seen much if any full exhaust systems available, are there any? And a follow up question would anyone here know and possibly tried a full exhaust off a Daytona 675 on their 765 Street Triple?? In either case a remap would be built btw.

So I asked Moto Mummy the following

I have a 2018 Triumph 765 Street Triple RS and I am interested in a pipe like there's yet they claim for this bike its a "de cat system". To the best of my knowledge on this bike the cat is located in the headers and not removable could you confirm if that is the case or if by chance I'm guessing here that their instruction indicate to cut it off in some way???

And received this answer

Austin Racing responded to my email and stated the Cat box simply unclamps/unbolts from the header and install the GP3 De-cat. its a Very easy fitment according to Austin Racing.

Since Triumph does such a poor job of making their oem parts diagrams available I find this hard to confirm. For anyone here who has first hand experience with where are cat live and if it can be easily removed as they say it can,
    please chime in.

Jedclampet is online now Report Post to Moderator

2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jedclampet

Jedclampet New Member

Jan 16, 2018
    New Jersey
    #3 Jedclampet, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    In my opinion there's some very ill-conceived designs out there it that all too many hurt the performance, case in point the people that purchased the Yoshimura have stated that more than a few times. And if these slip ons do not remove that cat than imo there is little point to do anything other than wait until some full systems come out. Putting a can and a S bend pipe on my bike seems pointless, show me any race team that competes with a cat or a S bend system never going to happen.

4. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Apologies for my suggestion........ I'll get my coat!:confused::confused::confused::confused::p:D;)

5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
  6. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville

8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Arrow 1.jpg Arrow 2.jpg
    Hi mate,

I got the Arrow on mine which looks nice but retains the cat, so still too quiet and not much in the way of weight saving, on the plus side warranty is unaffected as 'official' after market supplier.
    I love the induction noise my bike makes so will have to be content with that!