Featured Rocket 3r First Ride

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by dilligaf, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:) First proper ride out today with my new bike CERBERUS :imp:
    I have to admit I was a little bit apprehensive o_O
    First picture is CERBERUS waiting patiently for @TEZ217 to arrive so we could get going :)
    Setting off there’s no doubt this is a colossal motorbike :eek:
    I was pretty tensed up to start with as I hadn’t done a test ride on one :confused:
    Once under way though I quickly settled into it and it helped that the first part of our journey was about 12miles of dual carriageway
    This was followed by a 30mph zone through Ponteland just past the airport :)
    I can report that CERBERUS is very easy in slow moving traffic with the clutch easy to control and feather up behind bimbling car drivers :confused:
    Along with the fly by wire throttle which is fantastic to use I managed to get through the town with roundabouts and traffic lights without putting my feet down once :grinning:
    So a very confident bike in slow moving stop/start situation’s:cool:
    Once through Ponteland we were now rolling through the Northumberland countryside and were able to get a bit of a wriggle on once the traffic started to thin out :)
    I have never consciously gave much thought to counter steering in the past as it tends to come naturally to us bikers :p
    But as the twisties got a bit more twisty I found myself pushing on the bars to see what it was capable of :)
    :eek: WOW :eek: I couldn’t believe that a bike this HEAVY could respond so well to steering input :grinning:
    Dunno what Triumph have done...Feckin witchcraft or something :imp: but I am amazed at how well this bike handles :heart_eyes:
    I FECKIN LOVE IT :heart:

9E92EFFC-848E-4C1B-B1C5-E03711B87FBC.jpeg Forget the name of this place but Tez pulled over as he’d been there before for a family wedding and thought I could do with a ciggy :skull:
    After going over the border :poop: there’s a series of pretty tight left and right bends which can catch you out if you’re not ready for them :eek: but my confidence in CERBERUS was increasing with every mile :)
    This part of the ride I had mentally prepared for and after watching YouTube videos of people praising the back brake I took some of these bends with a bit more gusto than maybe I should of :eek:
    Absolutely gobsmacked at how good this back brake is at scrubbing off speed mid corner :grinning: the bike staying on line and steering so true that I struggle to get my head round it :eek:
    I simply can’t believe how well this bike handles it is beyond me how this can be :confused:
    WELL DONE TRIUMPH :kissing_heart:

60DAA9B9-CBA8-404A-B238-A3609ED8AC3C.jpeg 2BCD6F2E-811B-4A66-9162-184A5AE84C59.jpeg Pit stop at Jedburgh (again):p
    How to describe the engine :confused:
    I’m struggling for the words :confused:
    MONUMENTAL :imp:
    STAGGERING :imp:
    UNBELIEVABLE :imp:
    That’ll do for starters
    I can honestly say I’ve never experienced anything like it...it’s beyond powerful it defies belief :eek:
    The TORQUE and I mean TORQUE has to be experienced to be believed :eek:
    Greet BIG gobs of it everywhere throughout the range :grinning:
    Once past the ridiculous acceleration of first and second gear the engine finds strength like you wouldn’t believe :imp:
    No wonder people laugh on those YouTube videos :joy: it’s absolutely stunning :grinning:
    Triumph have pinched Scotty’s Dilithium Crystal’s or the Flux capacitor from Back To The Future :imp:
    The gearbox is like gravy it’s an absolute delight to use both up and down the box :cool:
    On the down shifts I like to blip the throttle and you can feel the bike rock ever so lightly when you do it :)
    The burbling from the engine when changing down or on the overrun is better than any rock band you can name :p
    The Avon Chrome tyres fitted to this bike are worthy of praise for just being able to forget about them and concentrate on everything else :grinning:
    They’re so confidence inspiring :)
    It was pissing down with rain and when it wasn’t the roads were still wet with hardly a dry line anywhere until we got closer to home :)
    They never tracked once :cool: just went where I pointed them :)
    Was worried about the fatness of them with regards to feeling sluggish or difficult to turn in and making the steering feel heavy :confused:
    Nope nothing to worry about :cool:
    They’re awesome :cool:
    Well done Avon :kissing_heart: 78B96F53-9C20-4500-A41B-2E587354BF16.jpeg
    I should mention that because of today’s weather I put CERBERUS into rain mode and left it all day :)
    I’m almost scared to think what this bike will be like in road mode or :imp: :imp: SPORTS MODE:imp::imp:
    How to sum up in one word :confused:

FECKIN PHENOMENAL :cool:

ok that’s two words but I don’t believe that one word could describe this bike it’s simply in a class of its own :cool:

I’ve definitely made the right choice :grinning::cool::p

• Like Like x 43
    • Love You Love You x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Great first write up Dilli. I can almost see your grin in my head:grinning:
    Guess it is a similar step up to what I experienced going from the 865 Speedmaster to the T120.
    Like you first ride was in Rain mode which was a bit underwhelming, but the torque available in Road, although a good bit less than Cerberus, sure put a smile on my face.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Wow! Brilliant write up Dilli, you've really sold it. ........ I WANT ONE :D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    So after the honeymoon period let’s see how the buffalo settles down...

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    What in his tank or gut??

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Great write up Dilli, I did tell them you was busy creating this masterpiece and that it would contains pics, well now they know :cool::cool:
    Next time you need a guinea pig to take you out on your first ride then gis a shout,:p
    But some advice marra, Take it easy please I'm worried about you even reading that write up o_Oo_O and because I was there,:bomb: and can say as the ride went on YOU PERSONALLY WAS DEFINITELY IN SPORTS MODE :heart:

• Like Like x 10
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Aye I’m worried CERBERUS is gonna get me into trouble :imp::p

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    YEH ME TOO, IF I'M WITH YOU :heart::heart:

• Funny Funny x 8
  9. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Ok. This is the R3 cool Police here Dilli

Much as I can relate to your enthusiasm for this fantastic bike , please dont EVER,EVER, EVER take a photo of CERBERUS in front of the Edinburgh Woolen Mill again. :scream::scream:

You will have to respray your bike " hearing aid beige" if this happens again.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of your ride :grinning::grinning:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Waiting on a phone call, when local dealer gets one in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Nice one Dilli, so good to hear CERBERUS is living up to expectation :cool:

Respect the Beast! :imp::cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    So happy for you Dilli, :cool: as others have said please take it easy and build into it. Good you used Rain mode to acclimatise. :party::party::sun: Loved the write up :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  13. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Dilli,

that sounds like the perfect fit! I am very happy for you and can completely relate to your feeling of being overwhelmed by the sheer thrust, this bike delivers; I was about 25 when a friend lent me he his new Vmax for a spin. It also felt like being from another planet!

But please take care! It might be riding like heaven, but somewhere in the drive-by-wire circuitry between throttle and fuel injection, the dark side planted a tiny devil... Keep an eye on him, will you?

Godspeed!

• Like Like x 7
  14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Great write up, thanks. Did you have a ghost writer ??? :p

Glad your lovin the bike:cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Shakespeare is alive and well and has traded in his doublet and hose for some leather jeans. We always suspected you had a literary bent. :worried:

Are you still bedding down nightly in the garage? Cleaned all the little crevices?

160E9B7A-C1AB-4C57-8587-EEC079C78671.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Does it wheelie?

• Funny Funny x 6
  17. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Great write up Dilli. Man and machine as one - larger than life and full of character!

Be safe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Not with me on it :scream:

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    It's the only bike I've ridden that you can feel a difference with the modes, sport mode is like turning it to 11 :laughing:

Great write up dilli glad you enjoyed the bike and to quote the 44teeth review, there's nothing quite like the new rocket 3.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I get the impression that you like your new bike Dilli :p
    Congrats mate, Cerberus is a great looking bike and I hope you have some great times together; I’m sure it’ll only get better :grinning:
    Great write up BTW :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1