Featured 3 Test Rides Today

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Jan 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Went out with @Scampey and done three test rides today

Kawasaki Z900RS

Smooth, quick, civilised up to around 6000 rpm, then a hooligan, can ride sensible, very slightly lean forward, not super comfy but almost, super smooth engine, nice power delivery

Triumph Street Triple RS (new one) frigin monster, impossible to ride civilised screams and shouts at you in every gear, more lean forward more pressure on wrists, very light, was quite windy and at 90mph it was enough for me, me no likey if I were 25 then yes

Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC bolt upright riding position really wide bars, engine is no slouch, confidence inspiring, bit agricultural, hilarious to filter as so wide (wait till you stick bar end mirrors on) really comfy for me, tft not easy to see in polarised sunglasses, easy fix; buy new sunglasses

Street Triple off my list, as is Speed Triple, Speed Twin is too similar to Street Twin I have. Z900RS deserves another ride on dryer roads could be a winner

Speedmaster and Tiger 900 to go, as of now Scrambler 1200XC is the main contender, albeit the most off road it will ever go is Waitrose car park

As you can tell from the wide range of bike styles I have no idea what I want next, did have the hots for a Harley Sport Glide but £16,000 is too rich for me as I’m a fair weather rider, oh and it weight as much as a car so man handling around my drive and garage is impossible.

More test rides to come

• Like Like x 21
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Don’t make a decision until you have a shot on the new Rocket :cool:

Then sell your soul :imp:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  3. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    Z900rs or scrambler for me if I was buying, pretty much the only new bikes I would look at apart from T120

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bryf

Bryf Guest

The Z900RS is a lovely bike, I test rode one around a year and a half ago and loved it, the new Candy Green colour scheme is absolutely beautiful

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    #5 brown mouse, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    If you are test riding the Speedmaster and don't like it for the handlebars or foot position, try testing a Bobber. The bars and mid-controls from that are an option on the Speedmaster. (I went for the Bobber bars on my Speedmaster but kept the 'forward' controls.)

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Sounds like you're having a ball doing test rides, @Repooh! Test ride everything you can get your hand (well, butt) on! I love to do test rides and every one I do helps me decide what I really do--and don't--prefer in a bike. I test ride even when I'm not in the market if I can swing it (Demo Days are great for that.) I've even test ridden bikes I wasn't particularly interested in and the test ride shifted my viewpoint. Are test rides on the Triumph Bobber and the Thruxton on your list??

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I was offered a ride today and said no, I knew I’d like it, safer not to try ;)

• WTF WTF x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Even if you know that you don’t want one :eek:
    How can you turn down a test ride :eek:

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Agree, however the new Grey is in my opinion stunning, add a brown seat and boom

10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I’m going to ride yours at the GMU ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Totally agree Sandi, I need to start one of these Youtube channels and arse around on dealers bikes every day. I can see it now; The Grumpy Mid Life Crisis Biker, I can be rude to everyone, one day maybe

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  12. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    I would try the speed twin

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Thanks for the suggestion Mark. Done the Speed Twin, very nice bike but a bit too similar to my Street Twin and I fancy a change

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    @Repooh are you looking for something with more performance than your street twin or something in the same power range? There are so may different bikes out there, it will be interesting on what you finally decide on.

15. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    How was the heat output on the Scrambler? Probably welcome at this time of year!

16. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Interesting to see your thoughts and wonder where you will end up.

The bike that peaked my interest at Motorcycle Live was the CCM Spitfire. 20191122_124408.jpg

No idea what they ride like, apparently it's a BMW scrambler engine. Just looks lovely to me, this one is well out of price range for me though!

• Like Like x 1
  17. stevie28

stevie28 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Cambridgeshire
    Z900rs cafe with old school astralights and a harris pipe would float my boat!
    Rumour is they are going to remake a gpz 900r next.....

18. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Don’t know if you like the adventure bike styling, but what about the motoguzzi v85

19. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Recon it will get toasty in the summer, allegedly decatting helps. It did on my Street Twin

20. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Not a fan of Guzzis, my nephews buying one, he really wants the batwing one MX21 or something, but a tad too rich on a Paramedics income sadly

• Like Like x 1