2nd Bike To Leave In Spain

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by bobw, Jun 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Ok guys not being familiar with Triumphs apart from the 2015 Street Triple R I ride at the moment.I am thinking of getting a second bike to leave in our house in Spain rather than drag mine backwards and forwards like a yo yo saving costs on ferry and journey times to and fro.My question is as the speed limit here is 56 mph on majority of roads some even only 50 mph so top speed not important, after over 45 years of high performance bikes of one shade or another would I miss the rush if I bought a Bonneville or similar?.At the moment I have found out here some 2014/15 T100's 865cc bikes at the top end of my budget.My only experience of a Bonneville was a 2015 America I road tested a few years ago was not impressed like riding a barge no offence intended but I have had a Goldwing so know what a barge feels like . Straight line speed not important but must able to corner well and be reasonable comfortable.Without having to spend a fortune upgrading suspension.Any comments welcome.

2. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Will looking to buy one out here and then not have to bother about dragging bike to and fro like I do now.ITV equivalent for our mot is every 2 years and there is about 15 minutes away from our house.At the moment drawing up a short list of suitable bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    I have my street triple out here now and everything I want it to do is ok no pillion to worry about she no longer comes out on bike.Budget wise I can get another STR or something different. If I buy a UK bike then then the registration is about 300 euros plus cost of parts eg headlamp for rh dip and speedo if not in kmh and certificate of conformity which Triumph want £120.Most importantly it has to be standard spec as built to get ITV certificate for the swap over.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Ok thanks to Brexit even though its not happened yet has put a large obstacle in my way the Spanish government despite gov.uk saying different according to the local gestor( local tax adviser among other things).The law has been changed I cannot buy any Spanish vehicle until I now become fully resident and pay tax here and at home he says this has changed since the Brexit decision was postponed.So that idea will have to wait for the time being.I'll just lug the Street Triple back and forwards for a couple of years.Gives me plenty of time to make my mind up what bike to get.

5. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Unfortunately her indoors doesn't drive anymore so not an option.We'll wait and see what happens when Brexit in whatever fprm has happened and see what the Spanish come up with.

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    All the Harleys you can find :p

7. ROLANDRAT

ROLANDRAT New Member

Jun 24, 2019
    SPAIN
    your gestor is saying that anyone from another country cannot buy a bike.What a croc of shit. you only need an address and an NIE and a padron which you have if you own a house in Spain.i dont have residence but have a bike and a car in spain,what does brexit have to do with it.i think you should sack your gestor IF thats what he tells you..

8. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Yes that's what I thought I have an NIE and an address here in Spain but he now says that was possible but now its not.I have used him for quite a few years and he doesn't normally steer me wrong. I have been to another gestor and she has said the same.It would appear from her comments that the Spanish government are now trying to make things in general difficult for UK citizens in which ever way they can.

9. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    OK, must get that memo off to the NHS telling them to tell all Spanish users to p*ss off from now on then! How freaking backwards of the Spanish authorities. You would swear Brexit was a personal insult to all Europeans but nothing could be further from the truth. Voting for Brexit is not an Anti-EU vote, just a vote to leave a club, not a vote to abandon our neighbours. This Brexit nonsense and the lost years since the vote is just a wasted period of opportunity. I'm sitting here in Spain with a lovely Spanish GIN enjoying the weather, the country and Spanish people (you might of guessed I'm not in Benidorm then). It's such a shame. Oooh I've gone a bit light headed...…………….must get another Gin.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1