Tiger 800 21" Wheels On The 800 Xrx

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by ShadowMetis, May 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ShadowMetis

ShadowMetis New Member

May 26, 2020
    Newburgh, NY, USA
    Hello all. Longtime viewer, first time poster. I've seen some posts on different forums about people putting the 19" alloy front wheel from the XRx onto an XCx to make it more road oriented, but I've never seen anything about doing the opposite to make an XRx more dirt oriented. I originally bought my '16 XRx based on the seat height being more comfortable for me but after riding it a few years I feel as though I could've gotten away sitting a bit higher. I'm aware the suspension has a little less travel, but I'm wondering how this would effect the ride, rake, trail, the ABS, etc. Has anyone ever tried this or seen any information about it? I've been searching around and found nothing. Apparently going from the 21 to the 19 doesn't effect the sensors, but who knows going the other way around. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Welcome to the forum :)

I’ve not heard of it being done but that’s not to say it hasn’t :worried:

Have a search of the https://www.tiger800.co.uk/ if its been done then you should find some info on that forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scuff

Scuff Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Uk
    I've not tried on a triumph but theres a fair chance with the shorter suspension of the Xrx and the larger wheel of the Xc, that the back edge of the tyre could make contact with the radiator.