Tiger Explorer 20k Service Costs

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by cordyk, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cordyk

cordyk New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Suffolk
    Hi folks,
    My 2017 Explorer is soon due its BIG 20k service and like most, the cost of these service seems ridiculous at £723 + £87 for a cam check!
    What i want to know is....
    As the bike is out of warranty now can this service be done by any competent motorcycle shop or is there some special wizzy tools used only aloud by Triumph dealership workshops?
    If genuine Triumph parts are used then what would be the problem plus on top of service cost they want more for a cam check ffs....
    Does anyone know what secret stuff that warrants the cost is actually done?

regards
    Tight git trying to save a few pennies for chrimbo:)

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #2 crispey, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Hi, Obviously you dont have to go to a dealership now, in fact you didnt when it was under warranty, just had to have triumph parts used. Best to find one familiar with Triumphs but if you know of a tried and trusted mech use him. I see youre in suffolk do you go anywhere near London? Jason at Trimoto have had good reviews in Greenwich. Regarding the costs its mainly labour due to removing headstocks amongst other things and regreasing. Here's the schedule

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. cordyk

cordyk New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Suffolk
    Thanks fella! thats awesome and a damn quick response
    Very much appreciated

• Like Like x 1