Tiger 800 2022 Touring Season

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Twobuells, Feb 17, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Twobuells

Twobuells Member

Jan 11, 2022
    Catasauqua Pennsylvania
    Anyone else touring on their Tiger this riding season ! No set departure date yet , but getting ready to head west from Penna. to Arizona , Utah and Wyoming. Will be camping most nights and using the Tiger on as many trails as possible. Can't wait to twist the throttle and kickup some dust !!! 20190629_104626_HDR_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. DamonYVR

DamonYVR Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Oh, man, yes I am! From here in Vancouver, I have two 'big' trips on the 'really want to do' list.

One will be a loop around BC, going up the west side, with some outings to some coastal towns. Not sure how far I'll go into Yukon. I've been there many times for work, but this is already a long trip.

The other will be a loop from Vancouver Island to the Port Townsend, then wiggle down the coast to Northern California. I saw a Diners, Drive-In's & Dives that covered a Mexican restaurant in Ashland, Oregon, so I thought that would be a good destination. Big fan of Mexican food.

Two approximate route plans attached.

I'll take my basic camping gear but stay in cheap lodgings mostly. I suspect I'm underestimating everything, from distance to time, money, and butt-fatigue. But I'm not getting any younger. Better looking, certainly, but not long haul ready.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 5.17.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 5.25.31 PM.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Twobuells

Twobuells Member

Jan 11, 2022
    Catasauqua Pennsylvania
    That looks like an incredible trip in a incredible part of North America. I have traveled thru BC going to Alaska and returning to the US. Hope to get back up there soon!!!

4. DamonYVR

DamonYVR Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Well, its mostly big plans and big talk so far, but I am putting European travel off to the fall so that I can go places on the bike while we have good weather. Though that would be good MC travel territory as well. Just not wife-friendly.

5. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    My wife and I have planned the following international tours for 2022.
    1st tour: From Austria to the Cote d'Azur in France with a day trip to Monaco. The return trip is then via Marseille, Mont Ventoux and many other mountain routes.
    2nd tour: To Lake Como in Italy and many kilometers on italian alpine roads. About 300 hairpin bends await us.
    3rd tour: Alpine road hopping from Austria to Switzerland and back again. Approx. 350 hairpin bends await us on this tour.
    The start of the first tour is planned for May 2022. Photos and reports will follow. Before and in between there will be numerous weekend tours that will take us to Venice in Italy or Opatija in Croatia.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I retired on 1st January this year and wifey and I have some trips to catch up on after the "Covid years".

In May we are leading 6 bikes to tour the Southern part of the Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland.

In June, the two of us are away for 3 weeks for a taste of Norway, 1700 mile loop from Kristiansand.

September, my local RAT group are away to Portugal, staying in a villa and riding out from there.

Also, might squeeze a visit to Northern Ireland in July to celebrate our retirement and 45th wedding anniversary, always wanted to see the Titanic exhibition in Belfast.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep couple of tours this year on the tiger. May is Scotland with a bunch of guy’s off the forum. And then September @andypandy and me are off to Spain via France for a couple of weeks. Bring it on :):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    So far, I have a trip to the French Alps in May. My lad lives in Chamonix. Always a good visit as he owns a brewery and a couple of bars. He is then taking us down to Provence as I want to ride mont ventoux of Tour De France fame. Then going back to Chamonix for a couple of days R+R before coming back to the U.K.
    I also have a Scotland trip booked in July with a group of mates.
    I don’t have my Tiger Rally Pro until 1st March so hoping for decent enough weather to get it run in and the first service done before we set off.

• Like Like x 3