2022 Speed Twin Exhaust Change/mod

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Neil_87, May 15, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Neil_87

Neil_87 New Member

May 15, 2022
    Lincs, UK
    Hi all,

Currently trying to decide between a lightly used 2019/2020 Speed Twin or the new 2022> version. I have heard that the newer exhausts are all welded together making modifying or removing them more troublesome. I have test ridden the newer Speed Twin and think the stock exhaust is ok but could do with being unleashed a bit more. I have seen the vids removing the baffles which are only tac welded in so would try that first but just wondering if anyone has actually gone through the process of replacing or modifying the stock exhaust with an xpipe or baffles. Presumably existing joins would need cutting to make it work. I also thought about trying to find an exhaust from the older models and modifying then fitting that, which might be the easier option assuming I can get hold of one.

2. Old Biker

Old Biker Member

Jan 29, 2024
    Worcester
    I have the model where the complete silencer is welded. It was a lot of work to de-baffle the two silencers. However the bike has not gotten much better in the sound department... Seems these 1200 motors are not "loud" even when the cat is removed.

3. struv

struv New Member

Jun 4, 2023
    Teesside
    i fitted the eu spec vance and hines to my 22 speed twin 900 and even though its the road legal version its noticeably deeper sound .mine has the link pipes welded to the cat you can get an x pipe conversion for this model that comes with new link pipes so no cutting req .speaking of which i doubt cutting the baffles out of my original exhaust would do much as there is another cat in each silencer

4. Old Biker

Old Biker Member

Jan 29, 2024
    Worcester
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I swapped the stock exhausts on my 2019 speed twin 1200 for a set of Vance and Hines prior to delivery. I have the stock exhaust which are brand new in my garage which have never been on the bike. I’m up for selling these if anybody is interested. pm me for an amazing price against triumphs prices.