2021 Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Dartplayer, Dec 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #2 Sandi T, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    This is really interesting, @Dartplayer. I'd heard from and read multiple sources say that Ford was not going to make car anymore other than Mustangs, only SUV's and pickup trucks! Hmmm....

3. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Ford F-Type . . . :laughing:

4. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Yeah - you got me. Even though I just bought a new Speedmaster I was sorely tempted by a pre-owned T-Bird and and an America at the dealership and likely would have gone with the America if they were still making them.
    This is my last Thunderbird. It was my dad's, bought new in 1960. I inherited it when he passed in 1980, but stupidly, sold it a couple years later.

T-Bird.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Very nice, I am a sucker for TBirds both bikes and cars.:heart_eyes:
    Many of my fellow riders are praying for a new Storm release. I have a 2018 Speedmaster for the light weight, but found the Storm are considerably lighter than the TBirds I test rode :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Love that T-Bird, @Fork Lock ! My mom and dad had one when I was just a wee child. I have no info about it but remember it was black and it would have been from around the same model year as this one. Unfortunately, neither my mom nor my dad are still with us so I can't ask them about it. I'm sure there must be photos somewhere in a photo album. The photo you posted makes me want to do a little digging.

7. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I would have loved to have kept that bird! Dad replaced the original 352, 4bbl, Police Intersceptor at about 250k miles with a 390 Merc. I have a garage, but it is stuffed with motorcycles and the equipment used to take care of El Rancho Forklock. That poor old Bird was sitting in the driveway deteriorating. I let it go to an acquaintance that owned a body shop who gave it a good home.