2020 Triumph Scrambler 1200xe Starting Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KDEADLOCK, Jan 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. KDEADLOCK

KDEADLOCK New Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Republic of Korea
    #1 KDEADLOCK, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021

The problem was that four months ago, restarting was not possible while stopping or parking.
    Triumph replaced it with a new battery, but the symptoms are repeating.
    If the start is not possible, the voltage is normal, I left the bike to Triumph for a month, but I can't find the cause. Please refer to the video, and if you have the same symptoms, please leave feedback. Have a nice day

KakaoTalk_20210120_172443215.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    KDEADLOCK.
    It's a 2020 bike. Get it back to the dealers and tell them to get it sorted or refund your money. Goods unfit for purpose. But check the battery has not died or that the switches on the clutch and side stand are not dirty and working freely. Also check the solenoid wires and battery wires are tight and clean. Do let us all know what it is. Welcome to the family.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

12.4v is not enough I’m afraid :(
    It has to be at least 12.6v:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. KDEADLOCK

KDEADLOCK New Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Republic of Korea
    Thank you for leaving my first comment.
    I have already had a car exchange due to a lot of electrical problems... However, I am uncomfortable with a more serious symptom of starting trouble. Triumph Korea has checked both the battery and the side stand switch, but the cause is still not found.
    I'm a bike that fills up a lot of things (shocks, vehicle frames, etc.) that I was disappointed with while traveling on Bmw R9T, so I wasn't worried at all when choosing xe, but now I am uncomfortable because of various problems :(
    But, I want to overcome it. Thank you for leaving a comment once again. Have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    KDEADLOCK.
    Yes do try that battery. If you have a car try a jump start from that battery see if it fires if it does then time to get the battery changed. And do check all the wiring points around the battery and solenoid and starter motor. Also that clutch lever kill switch. Some dealers keep batteries sitting on a shelf for ever and a day and it must be fully charged before fitting or it will never recover to fully functioning. And as I say its a bike still under warranty so should be replaced or refunded.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KDEADLOCK

KDEADLOCK New Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Republic of Korea
    Your comment was very helpful. It is said that the dealer is coming tomorrow, so we will talk to you according to the comments you left. Thank you. :) :)

• Like Like x 1