765 2020 Street Triple Rs Flyscreen

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by AGR64, Nov 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. AGR64

AGR64 New Member

Oct 27, 2020
    West Midlands
    as per title has anyone fitted the official flyscreen or aftermarket option. and if so are they of any real use or just a waste of money. not really an issue it just looks as though something is missing in that area and the screen would just tidy it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I fitted the Puig flyscreen on mine. Looks good but can’t say I’ve noticed it doing much tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Norman Dickenson

Norman Dickenson New Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I installed the Triumph flyscreen on my 2020 Street Triple R
    As small as it is, I found it to be quite effective deflecting the wind.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    As with all screens it will depend on the size of the rider and type of helmet. I fitted one and it did make a difference, not much but some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    For my size, helmet and seating position. I haven't felt the need for one up to 110 mph wind velocity. After that I get some buffeting. 5'-11 with Bell Star helmet. My old hjc c-18 helmet shook the shit outta my head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jeff Standley

Jeff Standley Member

Nov 12, 2020
    California,
    I just purchased the flyscreen for my 2020 "R". I'll let you know how it works once I have it installed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jeff Standley

Jeff Standley Member

Nov 12, 2020
    California,
    Took the bike out for a ride today and still getting use to the naked bike style. The wind pushes this bike around a bit more than my previous faired bike. (Ninja 650) Looking forward to the new screen to see if it helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AGR64

AGR64 New Member

Oct 27, 2020
    West Midlands
    I took the plunge and purchased one looks wise it gives a more finished look as far as wind protection maybe a slight difference and much better than my Bandit 1200n ever was so I’m glad I got it

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jeff Standley

Jeff Standley Member

Nov 12, 2020
    California,
    Just finished installing the bug screen. Took it out for a ride in it seems to have about the same wind. I do like the way it looks, here’s a pic

CE4D87E3-CA5D-4AAA-9475-C76A2E7F01E9.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  10. AndyGuy

AndyGuy Member

Nov 27, 2020
    County Durham

Hi do you have a picture what it looks like ?
    Just I may have the oppurtunity to get hold of a one the same

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. AndyGuy

AndyGuy Member

Nov 27, 2020
    County Durham
    Which manufacture is the screen from please ?

12. AndyGuy

AndyGuy Member

Nov 27, 2020
    County Durham

Which manufacture is the screen from please ?

13. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi AndyGuy, it looks to be a Triumph one to me, they do 2, one has a protective coating the other does not, however it is only £55 for the latter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AndyGuy

AndyGuy Member

Nov 27, 2020
    County Durham

Thanks as I was only familiar with the powerbronze one, which I like the look off but thought it was a bit pricey

do you know the differences between the two ?

15. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Yes one is coated anti scratch and the other is not treated, I purchased the non treated version and it shows no sign of scratching or marking, and is dark tinted, it does give a little wind resistance although I only initially purchased and fitted it for purely aesthetics reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I have the original/official screen, a puig one and also the powerbronze one.
    Powerbronze is the best (as it's taller) but looks wise, the official triumph one fits best.
    For touring/straight lines, the puig one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tjz

Tjz New Member

Oct 2, 2021
    Uk
    Is that the genuine triumph screen or aftermarket?

18. CurveRider

CurveRider Well-Known Member

May 19, 2021
    Smoky Mountains
    I just installed a PowerBronze screen on my `21 R. The headlight had to be removed on mine to install the screen. Wind still hits me (higher on my body) but I like the looks. It took about a week to arrive in TN, USA from Great Britain. Cheers!

PowerBronze1.jpg

Foothills2.jpg

Powerbronze4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    #19 Baza, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    I have been looking at a screen for my new bike and from what I have seen to date these are my findings.

The Triumph ones are more of a token to finish the nacelle off as it does look as though something is missing. The un coated one at £55 is the one to go for rather than spend another £44 on the coated version.

it would appear that Puig have recently redesigned their screen or the fixing thereof. It’s projects 150mm above the nacelle but instead of fitting into the slot between the instrument binnacle and the nacelle bodywork it fits on the outside hiding all that lovely paintwork.

The Powerbronze one does fit in the slot where the OE version fits and is only 10mm shorter than the Puig screen. Both the Puig and the Powerbronze screens are circa £100. The Powerbronze one is available in umpteen different colours.

So if you are looking just to improve the aesthetics go for the less expensive OE one otherwise it’s the Powerbronze one. Apologies to the Puig owners.

20. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Just an update on the fly screens. One of my lads told me that he had ordered an aftermarket screen for my bike. Here it is. Aesthetically it’s great but effective, not a lot of difference. The big bonus is that it did cost less than £30 but has just crept over that now.

EBE520E8-FCCF-443B-9A67-64D12FD19180.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12541874...YTQ9y&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

It’s really a two man job to install it as you have to almost remove the head lamp assembly.