Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Featured 2019 Speedy Rs - Break In Is Going Well - Hit 500 Miles On My Speed Triple Rs Today And...

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Undermoose, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:22 AM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Undermoose

Undermoose Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    I hit 500 miles on my Speed Triple RS today and then wheeled her into the garage and it clicked over to 501 miles :D

Apparently I've been babying her. I thought I needed to limit her to 5000 rpm or lower until 500 miles, but it's 6000 rpm after 300 miles. Break in is going fine, consistent variation on the throttle, some engine braking, etc. I'll just extend the 6000rpm limit an extra 150 miles or so, and then move on to the next step.

What an awesome motorcycle!

• Like Like x 11
  2. MTBskier

MTBskier Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just rolled over the 500 mile mark on my Speed Twin last night myself. Happy moment. When I read your post I read it as ”wheelied into the garage.” Lol, thought well that’s a hell of a way to celebrate!:joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Undermoose

Undermoose Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    I'll fix my typo, of course I wheelied her in!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mike in NH

Mike in NH Member

May 17, 2018
    New Hampshire
    What better way is there in celebrating the conclusion of a ride but to wheelie... lol :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    What revs do they recommend upto 500 miles on the twin.

6. MTBskier

MTBskier Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Owners manual doesn’t give a specific RPM range, but the sticker on the tank (if I remember correctly) was to keep it below 4K until 300 miles, and under 5k until 500 miles. And then the obvious “don’t keep steady RPM’s for extended periods of time,” and “do not use full throttle,” etc.

• Like Like x 2