2019 Speed Twin Black Headlight Brackets

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Lessaint, Feb 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    I was in London today, working. I saw a Speed Twin and the rider looked like he had painted the headlight bracket black, looked better than the silver OEM item's. or they an after market part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    I’d be interested in seeing how that would look. Been thinking of painting the intake covers black anyhow so might match nicely. If anyone is handy with photoshop ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    done mine with a rattle can IMG_20190813_122140005_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    Thanks for that Bob. Made my mind up now black intake covers and headlight brackets it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    Can I ask how you find the seat compared to stock? That’s another mod I’m considering once I’ve saved a few pennies !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    to be honest I have never ridden it with the stock seat but I wouldn't have thought there was much difference

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Bob nice bike thank you for the photo, the headlight brackets look great in black and also the side covers, what cans have you got on the bike or is it the tec 2 into 1 jobie

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    yes its the tec 2 into1 decated straight through sounds epic

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hobbo

Hobbo Member

Feb 22, 2019
    UK
    That looks great, can I ask what shocks you have fitted and are they a improvement over standard?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    the shocks are k tech the stock ones were sort of OK but if the road was less than perfect my ass would bounce out the seat so there a big improvement. only issue I have and other people have had with them is the top of the shock is touching the frame lug. other people have sent them back to be altered mine rides OK so Im not sure whether to send them back or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hobbo

Hobbo Member

Feb 22, 2019
    UK
    Thanks Bob, yeah I find the standard shocks a bit basic, I’ll look into them, think I recall seeing a post regarding them hitting the frame, so I need to be aware of that

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    the piggy back ones I got are probably a bit overkill for this bike the k tech standard shocks would be more than up to the job I would think

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Definitely painting the headlamp brackets after seeing this, also maybe the heel guards. One less thing to have to keep from corroding. Dart windscreen in place can't wait for DSCF0359.JPG summer to arrive!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Those shocks look pretty jacked up. I reckon a tail tidy should be your next investment.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    not a great fan of the tail tidys (although I was looking at one recently). Never seen the point of changing the angle of the reg plate and running the risk of getting pulled over for illegal angle. The one I saw though looked promising so possibly for the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    It's just an aesthetics thing of course. So many modern bikes are fitted with huge, unsightly tail sections. I realise they're functional but many of them, including Triumph's modern classics, look soooo much better with a smaller, neater rear end (don't we all?). As for the number plate, is there a fixed, legal angle of dangle? No-one's ever mentioned it to me in 40 years of riding at all sorts of angles but then I can't remember the last time I had a legal size number plate either, and no-one (inc. MOT peeps & cops) has ever made a fuss about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Not sure if there is but the plate has to be readable and I have seen some tail tidys that put the plate almost parallel with the road!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yup, I've seen 'em too. Mine's not that bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Colleague had an MOT fail because of a non vertical reflector, but the non vertical plate didn't get even a mention.
    Black headlamp brackets looking good.

• Like Like x 1
  20. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Err..not currently running a reflector but I'll be switching the black&white plate at MOT time so I'll stick one on.
    I guess I'm fortunate in that my MOT place are very bike-friendly. "I like 'em as loud as possible" was a comment from Mr MOT when ask about exhaust sound. Doubt they'd ignore the b&w plate though.

• Like Like x 1