2018 Tiger 800 Xcx Gps Mount

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Howard Thomas, Jan 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Howard Thomas

Howard Thomas Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2019
    South Bucks
    Hello Folks,

I hope to pick up my new Tiger 800 XCx this weekend - its a new spec’ model with the TFT instrument panel.

I’m looking for a neat GPS mounting solution and wondered what others have done?

I have a TomTom Rider 400 that has a clunky 12V mount that’s usually attached to a Ram mount.

Having only had a 30 minute test ride today, I didn’t think to look at the placement options - ideally in line of sight rather than having to look down and take my eyes off the road - I’m sure we’ve all had that panic stop at some point!

Many thanks for any ideas

Cheers

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    not sure if it would work with the tft but have a look here also you can wire it into the horn so it's only powered when ignition is on

3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    This may help Howard

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,23739.0.html

I’ve got my gps on a ram mounted on the handlebars, I was waiting to see if anyone was experiencing any problems attaching brackets to the plastic screen mounts.

On my previous tiger 800 (generation1) I wired the sat nav to the horn live terminal, on my new generation 3 tiger I’ve wired it direct to the battery as advised by Triumph.

4. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oh Its working then?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yep, always has done my bestist mate :heart:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Howard Thomas

Howard Thomas Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2019
    South Bucks
    Thanks for all the feedback - a lot of posts read and online research done following up on the leads I’ve been given.

At the moment I like the aluminium bracket that Mike the Bike fabricated and have sent him a PM - hoping to hear from him in due course.

Busy day today clearing a Tiger sized space in my garage - I will sell my KTM690 Adventure R in the spring and then gain some space to stand back and admire.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    What with all the amazing high tech innovations on our bikes these days, I wonder if anybody has ever looked into a HUD, like in a jet airplane. Probably too much to expect anytime soon. Then again....

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think there's something that projects onto your visor, or was that a review camera? Sygic have an app that projects basic info from your mobile onto a windscreen, not tried it on my bike tho

9. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I have never really thought of this for a bike. Right after posting my reply, I checked into the hud Idea and came up with VIZR, interesting product.

I do realize your post was about the mount, not the nav device though. I just went off into left field a while, maybe it's the time of day here. Anyway, good luck on your search for a useful mounting system!