2018 T100

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by D dog, Apr 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. D dog

D dog New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Sheffield
    Eyup fellas/lasses, bought a new T100 black t'other week and had a back rest fitted at the dealers.
    I asked about a rack too to carry my undies to dirty weekend venues and was told it won't fit with a backrest?
    I can't imagine this is correct, does anyone know for sure?
    Cheers.

2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Could be right about not fitting. From memory it’s a totally different combination needed

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Too late now, I know, but a luggage rack would have been a better bet, then you could have used it as it is for odd shaped luggage/sacks of spuds etc.(been there, done that in the past), and then a top box could have been added (courtesy of Mr D.D.'s top box emporium) as required to carry fresh/soiled underwear as necessary, plus it would double up as a backrest if needed.
    All problems duly solved!!:) Simples!:D
    N.B.There are others herein who would disagree purely because they suffer from top box phobia!:eek::scream:

Oh .... did I just mention the use of a TOP BOX??!!:p:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    You could buy a trailer like dilligaf o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Don’t bother with the rack wear one pair as normal and the other three on your head underneath your helmet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. D dog

D dog New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Sheffield
    I too suffer with TB phobia buddy, I just tried the configure my bike thingy tho and it looks do-able.....confused....

• Like Like x 1
  7. D dog

D dog New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Sheffield
    :worried:

Capture100.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That's why your new open face is such a tight fit! :eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Mr Dog

This is a conundrum that also confuses the dealers. I have a '17 T100 and wanted a rack without a grabrail so I could fit a topbox (less said the better - it just makes the inmates tetchy and fractious - see above). One of the options was a rack which required the backrest brackets and it took a while for them to work out the one I needed. Their parts system is not that clear as I was there when they tried to work it all out so, as you've found with your pic above it can be done. Persevere old bean.

10. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Mr Dog

This is a conundrum that also confuses the dealers. I have a '17 T100 and wanted a rack without a grabrail so I could fit a topbox (less said the better - it just makes the inmates tetchy and fractious - see above). One of the options was a rack which required the backrest brackets and it took a while for them to work out the one I needed. Their parts system is not that clear as I was there when they tried to work it all out so, as you've found with your pic above it can be done. Persevere old bean.

11. D dog

D dog New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Sheffield
    Thanks Sir Trev, I'll have another look when I can be bothered.
    I did think about designing a "helmet" rack, I think this is a trick everyone is missing here! o_O

12. D dog

D dog New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Sheffield
    Wochu reckon?

HeadCarry-04-RoastPig-Bali.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. horned one

horned one Member

Jul 29, 2016
    rhondda
    Looks better than a top box.

Why would you want a back rest, I've never understood the need??

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. D dog

D dog New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Sheffield
    I don't use it obv.... it's for the missus, helps her stay on the bike so I don't have to keep going back for her!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2