765 2018 Switchcube Install

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by tribesman2004, Jun 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tribesman2004

tribesman2004 New Member

Jun 20, 2020
    California
    Hey all;

I recently had a lowside on my '18 STriple. Some minor damage to the left side, including the switchcube. I have a new one, but I'm at a loss for how to install it. On the inside, there's a little sliding piece that locks in, with a little nub on the handlebar side. I can remove the sliding piece, but I would hazard a guess that it's important. I'm wondering how that little nub interfaces with the handlebar? On my old one, it was broken off, so I can't compare. Anyone have experience with it?

20200619_165623.jpg

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Inside the switch block there will be a space and one end will have a location hole. It's the modern equivalent of woodworking dowels
    ;);););)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. tribesman2004

tribesman2004 New Member

Jun 20, 2020
    California
    More pics attached for clarity.

In both my switch blocks, there isn't a location hole for that peg; plus, that sliding piece only goes in one way, peg towards the handlebar.

As I typed that, it *did* make me take another look at the bike though. Sure enough, there is actually a location hole on the handlebars that I missed, due to the remains of the previous switch cube still being stuck inside. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1