675 2018 Street Triple Low Beam Headlights

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Jon Silverman, Oct 19, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jon Silverman

Jon Silverman New Member

Oct 19, 2021
    United States
    Hi all,

Just bought a 2018 Street Triple 675 after my 2004 Bonneville T100 became too much of a cash sinkhole!
    Loving the street triple. I am not too familiar with some of the features, and having just gone on my first night ride, I have a pretty basic problem:

I cannot figure out how to turn on the low beam headlights. When i turn the bike on the DRLs are on. I turned the high beams on and off fine, but when the high beams are off i essentially have no light (the DRLs are not suitable for driving). I must be an idiot but i cannot figure it out.

I do not have a dipped beam/DRL switch fitted to the bike.

Thanks for any help.
    Best
    Jon

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Any clues from the handbook?

3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Odd. I don't really know anything about this specific model (my ST is a proper, round eyed one! ;)) but, in principle, all of the modern 'lights-always-on' type machines default to having low beam on as soon as the headlight dipswitch is used to switch off high beam.

Have you checked to see if there is a low beam fuse, and, if so, that it's not blown or corroded?

4. Jon Silverman

Jon Silverman New Member

Oct 19, 2021
    United States
    I have pored through manual and i don't think so. It looks like unless it is fitted with a dip beam switch there is nothing doing.

5. Jon Silverman

Jon Silverman New Member

Oct 19, 2021
    United States
    Thanks. That is what i thought...all bikes i have ridden are always on. I will give the fuse a check and see.

6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    It could, I suppose, also be a fault or corrosion in the low beam switch contact or, perhaps, a break in the wiring loom by the headstock - a known weakness in some of these models.

For the first you might need to open up the switch housing and spray with contact cleaner; for the latter, try leaving the lights on the low setting with ignition on and move the handlebars from side to side, or wiggle the loom in this area.

Hope you manage to find it!

7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I can assure you the 675 Street Triple does indeed have a switch for the dipped beam, I have owned a few 675s and 765s all have this facility.

8. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Switch the drl's off (the dip will then come on) then use the red "button/rocker" switch at the front of the LHS switch gear to alternate between.
    Its where your lhs index finger is naturally when on the grips.
    Just flick it backwards and forwards.
    As it were..
    I could be wrong though but thats how my speed rs works with drls. Not blatantly obvious tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1