Scrambler 2018 Street Scrambler Handlebars

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Mr Bond, Dec 7, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mr Bond

Mr Bond New Member

Dec 7, 2021
    warwickshire
    Hello all,
    My son has a 2018 Street Scrambler 900 and recently hit a patch of black ice, dropping the bike at very low speed. This has bent his handlebars out of shape and we are looking to replace them. Is it possible to get the bars put back to the right shape (the left side toof the brunt of the drop and is now much lower that the right side)?
    Failing that we are trying to get hold of some replacement bars - preferably in black. Any recommendations please? Any advice gratefully received.
    Thanks,
    PAUL

• Like Like x 1
  2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    It depends how badly they're bent but I would hesitate to attempt to bend them back. Even if they don't crack or break they may well be weakened and you don't want them coming apart while riding. Similarly, you shouldn't bend bent brake & clutch levers back to shape. That's asking for trouble and they cost peanuts. If you did want to try it, you would need to heat the metal first.
    Renthal are a well-known maker of handlebars. I've used them and they're good but a little pricier than some. Have you tried putting a request in the 'for sale/wanted' section of this forum? Bet someone has some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mr Bond

Mr Bond New Member

Dec 7, 2021
    warwickshire
    Many thanks - we've replaced the levers with new ones and that was my thought about the bars but thought I'd check it first. Appreciate your advice and I'll stick an advert out. Cheers!

4. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Shame, and hope no injury… when I dropped my 865 Speedmaster into a ditch a few years back I took it to my dealership who carefully checked the alignment of the handlebars saying if they were even slightly bent it would definitely require replacement… presume you can just replace with bars from Triumph? … I’ve got an SS… excellent bikes … hope get sorted

5. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Personally I would always replace handlebars after a drop in the same way you would replace a helmet after crash impact.

Genuine Triumph bars are expensive but are easier to fit. This is because genuine bars have predrilled holes and ends you won’t get with say Renthal bars.

Example Only: https://www.worldoftriumph.com/collections/100081213-1-2?type=street-scrambler-upto-vin-914447

As always with any forum, this is my opinion based on experience but others might have better answers. ;)