Featured 2018 Speedie Mods.

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by FatLadsRacing, May 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FatLadsRacing

FatLadsRacing Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just thought I'd put mods on forum which have made bike more comfortable.
    Lifted bars up by 3 1/2", which keeps original cables/brake lines. Changed beach bars for Thunderbird bars, as originals made my wrists ache and fingers go numb. (Thunderbird bars are straighter.)
    Swapped footrests to the mid-position from the Bobber, straight swap.
    Sent seat to Saddlecraft in South Shields. Height raised 2" and pillion made wider. Both got big gel pads. Will keep Mrs happy. Opted for red stitching as more practical than white and put red levers on to add a little more colour.
    Overall fit is better for me with 'bost' knees and hip, although hip recently fixed. (Replaced). Quality of seat rebuild is first class and comfortable.
    Hopefully can now put pics on.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Fatladsracing, grandfather was from South Shields, nice touches to make the ride your own.
    Red stitch is a standout.
    Can I ask where you sourced the bar riser?

3. FatLadsRacing

FatLadsRacing Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    Cheap as chips on eBay. Decided to try them as if they were crap I could just sling them.
    The threads are 1/2" AF, meant for Harley's I believe. Just removing the inserts in the yokes and the bolts fit perfectly through the original rubbers.

• Like Like x 1