Featured Speed Triple R - British Racing Green

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by fractaz, Oct 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. fractaz

fractaz Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    Hi all,
    following my introduction thread, I believe I can now present my current speed triple RS and the mods I've done so far. I've only had it for a month and I've got a long to-do list in the near future :)

But first of all, some pictures of my previous bikes for your viewing pleasure ;)

- ZX10R 2008 - Brembo M4 - PR19RCS - Ohlins TTX36 - Full exhaust system Devil - Flashed ECU - Full carbon - Custom white paint with gold flakes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- 1098S Tricolore - Termignoni slip ons - Marchesini - Brembo M4 - Corse radiator kit - Rizoma rear sets - Loads of carbon bits - ... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RSV4 RF - Akrapovic - regular RF stuff including ohlins, Brembo etc - loads of carbon bits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, the speed RS :
    - carbon bits (more to come)
    - evotech performance radiator guards
    - evotech performance fork protection
    - evotech performance tail tidy on its way, currently have a topblock one but it's garbage ..
    - Triumph crash pads
    - Triumph led indicators on their way
    - Brembo PR19RCS should be fitted pretty soon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Love You Love You x 2
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Well, your previous bikes looked a bit shabby mate, hope you take more care of the Triumph. :D
    Just kidding, they are all feckin stunning :cool:
    Hope you have many trouble free miles with the RS, welcome to the nut house mon amie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Very nice collection fractaz - but which is best :yum ?

So we're clearly on the same wavelength (as we've discussed over on my thread). You've chosen carbon twill weave over plain - which looks very striking. You know how much I like the rear light surround!

That tank pad fits in really well with the overall scheme too...but you need to lose those orange fork reflectors, or would that cause you trouble in France?

It looks like you've angled your mirrors forward (I must do that). I tried swapping them round so they hang underneath the bars and they looked amazing (very aggressive). I couldn't get on with them at all though - they're not in a good place for a quick glance and I felt my eyes were off the road ahead for too long. I ended up stopping mid-ride and swapped them back. OK if you like to admire your elbows though.

Next upgrade...carbon heat shield :p

4. fractaz

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    Which one is the best ? Hard question since they all have something unique, but if I could snap my fingers and retrieve one it would be the ZX10R. It had a very smooth power delivery, amazing brakes and handling. Second choice would be the duc for it's incredible twin.
    Haven't had the opportunity to properly appreciate the Speed since it's brand new and I've the braking in period. Time will tell but I've good hopes ;)

Reflectors didn't really bother me, I guess I'll remove them at some point tho.
    Mirrors came with the bike like that, didn't change anything since they provide great vision. I'm all in for the looks but not if it's detrimental to riding.

5. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Well let's hope that your Speed proves itself as an all rounder that's hard to beat :)

Perhaps it's the camera angle...my mirrors are now nudged forward a bit and look better. What does it matter...I need to get out more!

I meant to ask you about the PR19RCS lever upgrade - have you kept and migrated that from the ZX10R...or buying new? How much difference does it make, as the standard system is excellent?

I gather that you can't upgrade levers on the RS without replacing the entire master cylinder (that's an educated guess).

6. fractaz

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    My ZX10R got totaled so it's a brand new PR19RCS, I haven't mounted it yet. I actually didn't plan to but talking to the chief mechanic of my triumph dealership, he told me that It could be a nice upgrade. I'll let you know if it's any better when mounted.

Regarding lever change, I'd not do it personally since aftermarket levers usually don't match the quality / feeling of the oem equipment, at least from my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fractaz

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    Hi there,
    a few pictures including the latest carbon bits I got, and my new addition to my lid collection : RX7v Nicky Hayden MotoGp :)
    More to come ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ikc

Ikc New Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Dorset
    Hi
    Where did you get your carbon bits from?
    I'm looking to buy some for my rs.

9. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Your garage looks nicer than my kitchen :eek:

I see you have the heat shield fitted - did you have to make up a bracket in the end to get on? CarbonFBR didn't reply to my email, so I'm interested to know whether he updated the part.

Hugger, chain guard, heel protectors, tail - now you need tank sides ;)

10. fractaz

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    Bought them from RSR moto, great quality, awesome prices !

11. fractaz

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    Thank :) I had to make some brackets yes, it'll do the job for now but I'll buy the 2018 version when available.
    I had some tank slides a while ago but one side was defective and had to ship the both of them back, I'm waiting for new parts to be available ...

12. Mike in NH

Mike in NH Member

May 17, 2018
    New Hampshire
    The bike looks great, but I have to say your garage looks crazy nice. I'm with Mr T, it looks better than my kitchen. :grinning: might be cleaner too...:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Obviously keeps his bike in the kitchen like the rest of us,...... don't you?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    Outstanding!

15. Mike in NH

Mike in NH Member

May 17, 2018
    New Hampshire
    Silly me, of course I do.....:p

16. fractaz

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    haha, it's even better than that ..
    It's one of the bedroooms ;)
    Previous set up, added some shelves since.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    This is way more interesting than normal bike stuff :p

Where does the ladder go?

Honestly...I love what you've got going on there :blush:

Just wait until my wife finds my bike in our bedroom. I'll end up sleeping in the garage - which is kind of full circle.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Mike in NH

Mike in NH Member

May 17, 2018
    New Hampshire
    Brilliant!! Now to explain to the missus the spare room needs a make over...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Guess the bed has to go somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  20. fractaz

Sep 9, 2018
    France
    Exactly, bed is up so you have a great overlooking view of the bike whenever you want ;)

• Like Like x 1