Featured 2018 Speed Triple Rs – Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MrTriple, Mar 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Should be picked up/delivered (depending on weather) this afternoon. They were just waiting for the rain to stop long enough to do the PDI ride.....

• Like Like x 4
  2. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Awesome - enjoy the experience...there's nothing quite like it :blush:

(and be sure to report back!)

3. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Out here in SA we are still waiting for prices to be released and stock to arrive. What I was told is that we will not be getting the S model for now but only the RS. I usually sell my bikes on consignment thereby insuring that I get maximum back as appose to trade in value which normally is a low ball at best.

4. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Here in SA we are still waiting for prices to be announced and stock to arrive. What I was told is that we will not be getting the S model for now but only the RS. I usually sell my bikes on consignment thereby insuring that I get maximum back as appose to trade in value which normally is a low ball at best.

5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Very nice looking bike, would prefer the low boy exhaust but that's personal preference, might get a test ride on one when I take mine for service.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Thanks BB - as I've discovered over the last couple of days, there are no other exhaust options at the moment, so we'll have to wait and see what aftermarket systems become available.

I always fancied an SC Project S1 - which will now need a longer link pipe, but hopefully SC will be on the case soon.

7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    SC were quick to get an exhaust out for the Street 765 when it came out so you would imagine that you won't have to wait long.
    It's great having a new model out as it always pulls a crowd in the early days, the flip side of that is having to wait for the after market goodies to catch up.
    Must admit I would like the auto blipper for down shifts on my Street, no doubt that will come on the 2019 model to give them an excuse to bump the price up another grand!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #68 MrTriple, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Apparently the headers are different which effects the Lowboy, but here's a close-up of the changes that affect the cat-back exhaust section. The catalyst exit pipe isn't attached to the mounting point on the 2018 bike - the link pipe attaches to it instead.

Link_pipe.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    You could get a exhaust company to make you a little link pipe for the low boy, shouldn’t be too difficult

10. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Link pipe extension for the twin under-seat cans should be no problem (and that's my longer term plan) - but we're told that the lowboy requires completely different headers for 2018. That will be more expensive to fix o_O

11. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Low boy end can and link pipe, rather than full system?

12. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Yes that would work - I was thinking of the Lowboy as a full system, as that's how it's sold.

I have the twin Arrow cans with removable baffles from my 2016 and I'd planned to see how they sound. You should see the baffle inside the new RS can - it has a tiny 3mm hole. It sounds great as it is to be fair...but imagine what a straight through can will do :yum

13. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Haven’t heard the sound tbh, desperately need to take one out soon for a test ride, anyway of getting through to those little Allen’s to remove the baffles? Or is it drill out rivets job!

14. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    There are no screws of any kind and the baffles don't look like inserts so to speak (I could be wrong). It looks like major surgery to me, so I'm waiting for someone else to have a go at doing it ;)

15. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Best way!:joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    All the info you need :)
    https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/baffle-removal.3813/

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    :D

20180403_180549.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #78 MrTriple, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    I've seen that thread - but wasn't sure whether the construction would be the same. I need someone else to try :laughing:

Fitting my old cans and extending the link pipe does look a safer option that doesn't 'destroy' anything.

Edit: Here's what they look like - I'd say identical to the ones in the above removal thread (although I think the baffle construction is different).

2018-04-03 21.07.14.jpg

19. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
  20. Larry McClenon

Larry McClenon New Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Texas
    Hello. Can you tell us if the new triple has the that "Burble" sound some of the older models have when you let off the gas?