2017 Street Cup -- Slight Wobble Due To Wind?

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ravi Natarajan, Jul 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ravi Natarajan

Ravi Natarajan New Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Georgia
    Hi,

I am new here. I just got my 2017 Street Cup NEW from the dealer yesterday. I drove it at around 60mph in a nice road on my way back home when I noticed a slight shake / wobble in the motorcycle. I kept going noticing and being aware of that., yes, there is this fast slight shake due to side-winds.

This is a brand new bike, 8 miles. I assume the dealer should have completely checked it. Right?
    any thoughts ? is this an expected behavior ?

Appreciate any info. on this.

Nat

2. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Ravi and welcome in ! I do not think the dealer would have necessarily picked it up as they wouldn't have been out on it and certainly not at 60mph I would hope. It could be a few things that's amiss. My suggestion is to go back to the dealer and ask them to check why this is happening, it could just be something minor. Oh and post a picture of your new bike, we love pictures!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Hi. Go back to the dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, yep take it back to the dealer.....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome aboard.

The Cup and Street Twin both have short wheel bases which makes them very easy to turn in, but also contributes to a little wobble or weave feel, especially when crossing white lines and banding. The stock tyres exaggerate this to some extent. It's in the nature of the bike which you get used to. When it comes to changing the tyres try different (and cheaper) to stock. I've put Avon on mine, specially developed for the Street Twin/Cup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Ravi and welcome to the forum :)

As others have said back to the dealers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the Asylum you should fit right in. To keep the inmates happy we will need photos.
    Hope it's BLACK _20180704_103251.jpg Tucker

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ravi Natarajan

Jul 20, 2018
    Georgia
    #9 Ravi Natarajan, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Thanks for all your input. I am taking the bike to the dealer on Tuesday, 24th.

checked with dealer, no problems with bike at all. It is good. thats what they said.

myStreetCup2017.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ravi Natarajan

Jul 20, 2018
    Georgia
    Boss, I had to get Yellow man... This has been my favorite bike. First, I wanted to get the Thruxton and the seat height was a bit high for me.., also, I loved the street-cup. I know., my BMW 535i is black and so was my scuba gear.... but, bike, I chose yellow and with silver helmet and highly reflective Klum induction jacket, I thought it will be much safer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ravi Natarajan

Jul 20, 2018
    Georgia
    Boss, I had to get Yellow man... This has been my favorite bike. First, I wanted to get the Thruxton (black + grey)., but the seat height was a bit high for me (by 1 inch.. not a big deal..) but, the riding comfort, I loved the street-cup. I know., my BMW 535i is black and so was my scuba gear.... but, bike, I chose yellow and with silver helmet and highly reflective Klim induction jacket, I thought it will be much safer. I am 50 and hence adding some more visibility hoping it helps for more safer riding. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20180604_000515.jpg Tucker

• Like Like x 2