Tiger 800 2016 Tiger 800 Xcx Engine Heat

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by BenRR, Jul 24, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BenRR

BenRR New Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Toronto
    hey all. just recently traded my 2016 speed triple R for a 2016 tiger 800 XCX. I'm very happy with the trade, but I notice one thing in particular, the engine heat from the tiger.
    Previous to my Speed triple I had an SV650, both had similar "sport" riding positions, with feet tucked back and under, well back of the engine. The tiger footpegs are right beside the engine, is this why I'm noticing it more?

2. BenRR

BenRR New Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Toronto
    upon doing a little more research, it sounds like this is a fairly common issue. that's actually somewhat relieving - I'm more worried about engine damage than a little bit of extra heat on my legs. if this is "normal" then its just something to deal with...

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think it’s a by product of sitting on top of an engine, went out on my tiger today and got stuck in traffic, damn yes it was hot, as long as the temp gauge stays normal I guess it’s ok, apart from comfort

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes, it's an issue on the 800 when sat in traffic. Even more noticeable in this weather! :cool: