2016 Speed Triple R Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by BladeRR8, May 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Member

Aug 24, 2019
    South Sandwich Islands
    Anyone know the size of the bore in the Brembo MC on a 2016 Speed Triple R. There is a No. "14" cast on the body so I assume 14mm diameter but that seems very small.

I was expecting 16mm or 19mm dia. Anyone have the correct data in the specification section of a maintenance manual? I cant seem to find a workshop manual for the bike or the answer in a Google search.

Separate question. If anyone does know where there is a workshop manual for the 2016 Speed Triple R please let me know. Thanks

2. James01

James01 Member

It looks as though it is actually 14mm. If it's the same as the rear. Weirdly there's no spec for the front, only the rear MC. I've been right through the manual and there are zero other indications as to it's size.

Screenshot from 2020-06-07 16-45-49.png

3. martinm

martinm Member

Mar 24, 2018
    leicester
    hi.
    fairly sure its 19mm if it has brembo m4 calipers.
    16mm is normally on m50 calipers as they have smaller pistons in them
    there should be an etched number near the brake line

4. Joe99

Joe99 Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Oxford-ish
    I was looking to upgrade to the RS MCS Master. The RS is fitted with M4 & has a 16mm bore master with the variable ratio lever. But not sure if it will be of any great effect. :eyes:

Equally fitted a Brembo RCS master to my ‘10 Blade & wow what a lovely lever feel.