2016 Speed Triple A Remap

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Tyson Evans-peters, Nov 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tyson Evans-peters

Tyson Evans-peters New Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Southampton
    Does anyone know if you can remap a 2016 speed triple s picking mine up on Wednesday and can’t work out if I can or not.

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    • Like Like x 2
  3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Yes but there's not many can do it.
    This is the dyno chart for my 2017 Speed (with lowboy) after Hilltops set it up.

LowBoyMap.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tyson Evans-peters

Tyson Evans-peters New Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Southampton
    Does it really only have 110bhp stock ?!

5. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    At the back wheel, yes, and don’t forget each dyno is slightly different and a lot of criteria can affect the outcome, air pressure, density, humidity, temperature, condition of the chain and gearbox, general overall service condition, (air filter, plugs etc)
    I’ve seen dyno runs improve by several bhp just by lubing the chain while the bike is on the rollers.
    What you get with the Hilltop remap is obvious from the graphs, real usable grunt low down and midrange where we ride mostly on the road. Look at the doubling of the torque at 3000. You also get a very smooth transition from a closed throttle and more mpg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    WOW!! :eek: That’s a massive improvement in torque the first 4000 rpm! Wonder if my 2018 RS is worth the dyno after waranty period...

7. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    It won’t be worse, that’s for sure, and you don’t have to wait for the warranty to run out, Hilltop write their own data into a part of the Ecu that the dealer can’t see or change;)

8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    No, HP figures depend on how the dyno's set up, it would probably read 160hp on something like a dyno......
    It's the before and after figures that are much more important than the actual hp reading.

Probably, Triumph have to set it up to meet emissions tests and noise tests, dyno operators don't..
    They have to run very lean now, which is probably why there are such good improvements to be made low down when setting up the fuelling properly....
    IIRC, Hilltop also set up extra mapping points which helps to improve throttle response as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Allan Engel

Allan Engel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    So how does Hilltop Motorcycles do this? Do they have the ECU codes and know how to hack into them. I thoroughly enjoy my 2018 but I do wish there was more 'grunt' lower in the rpm range. I need to check about to see if anyone here in the states can perform something similar.

10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    A vid about Hilltop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Allan Engel

Sep 16, 2018
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    WOW! Thanks for sending this on. I wonder if I could buy the "Chipset" controller from Hilltop, when they have completed the software reprogramming for the 2018 Speed?

12. Allan Engel

Sep 16, 2018
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    WOW! Thanks for sending this on. I wonder if I could buy the "Chipset" controller from Hilltop, when they have completed the software reprogramming for the 2018 Speed?