2016 Speed R - Arrow Exhausts

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Jage, Feb 3, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Hey all,
    I’m probably being a bit daft here. Happy with the bike and it came with the 3-1 lowboy. Have never used the stock exhausts but have them.
    I can’t get the Arrow Slip Ons out of my head though. Had them on a 2010 Street R and really liked them, and the look of high cans too.
    Am I daft to change a fully system for partial? Does anyone have experience or info on trying to keep the 3-1 headers and get a new connecting pipe to pair it with the slip ons?

2. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    I personally prefer the high twin cans, I’ve recently bought a 2017 Speed R and one of the major reasons was because I preferred the look.
    I wouldn’t stress too much on a full vs. partial system, the bike has plenty of guts so I’d base it purely on what you feel you want most.
    I just fitted a set of Arrow slip ons to my bike, I went with the cans for the prior generation of bike as they have removable (non-welded in) baffles. Sounds and looks lovely.

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    If you want to keep the 3-1 headers from the low exhaust but include the twin high cans I think you’ll have to have a link pipe made. The original headers with the cat go with the high cans and they aren’t interchangeable( I believe)

• Agree Agree x 1