2016 Rear Brake Switch Question.

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by jh1, Sep 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jh1

jh1 New Member

Oct 13, 2017
    england
    I have a knackered rear brake switch and need help.
    Brake Switch, SPDT
    T2024932 is the part number.
    It’s the small micro switch type not the spring or hyd operated 2 wire one.
    It has 3 wires from the wiring loom to the switch - I have always had only 2 wires - why 3 - does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram showing the 3 wire microswitch - I’m guessing it’s something to do with fault management system - bulb blown / voltage change eml light comes on.
    Thanks in advance for any help offered.
    Jeff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there. I think its something to do with the startup/fault system as you have said.
    We use 3 wire switches in the business i'm in and that reports errors if its defective.
    Not 100 % but I think you are correct. If it's just a 2 pole, you wouldnt get an error code generated (unless its an always-on switch of course!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jh1

jh1 New Member

Oct 13, 2017
    england
    Thanks mate for reply.
    I replaced the cable from the brake switch to the connection from the main loom - as I believed I had a damaged cable.
    Turns out - after swapping to a new cable - everything was good again - the original cable had been damaged and that was causing engine fault light - as you say 3 cable supplys and monitors power change and brought in the error fault

• Agree Agree x 1