2016 / 2017 Speed Triple Recall

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by muzhik, Nov 29, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. muzhik

muzhik Member

May 9, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
  3. mikesouthby

mikesouthby Member

May 16, 2017
    Swindon, WILTS
    I'm not sure this is just US bikes. I just had a call from the dealer to book my bike in to have the Arrows replaced under warranty and he said 'your recall loom section is also in stock to be fitted', when questioned as I knew nothing about this he said its a part of the loom that needs to be replaced FOC - the same issue perhaps? He seemed surprised I hadn't been contacted and went as far as to double check all my details were correct on file, which they were...

4. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Yeah mine needs doing too, just teasing our American friends

• Like Like x 1
  5. jonesy

jonesy Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    worcestershire
    Do triumph get in touch directly or do I need to contact my dealer ?

6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Generally speaking it's down to the dealer to contact you - where you bought it from and/or where you get it serviced. When a bulletin comes out the dealer should contact all owners on their database. If you bought it pre-owned and never take it to a Triumph service centre then you may never know.

Where I work we regularly print out all outstanding recalls on bikes in our customer database and I make the calls.

Anyway, pm me the last six digits of your VIN number and I'll check for you.

7. jonesy

jonesy Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    worcestershire
    Thanks will have a look tomorrow and post

8. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    The recalls I have had have come direct from the manufacturer in the form of a letter outlining that essential work was needed and asking if I was still the keeper to contact a dealer to book the vehicle in for the work doing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    The problem is when ownership changes, or original owner changes address and it doesn't get noted in TOL (Triumph On-Line).

10. jh1

jh1 New Member

Oct 13, 2017
    england
    Can you register that you are a new owner on line.

11. Simon Madsen

Simon Madsen New Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Australia
    In Australia, the recall notice came from Triumph, not my dealer.

12. jonesy

jonesy Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    worcestershire
    I am the original owner. I didn't get anything about the alarm recall either so I checked the serial number myself phoned my dealer and it was part of the recalled alarms

13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Triumph will only send recall notices direct if your details have been entered in their database. If you wanna pm me the last six digits of your VIN number and your postal and email addresses I can check the database for you.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I don't think so. If you get the bike serviced by a Triumph dealer make sure they've done it for you. Or if you wanna pm me the last six digits of your VIN number and your postal and email addresses I can do it for you (I work at a dealership).

15. jonesy

jonesy Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    worcestershire
    Just had an email from triumph announcing the dealership in Birmingham will close end of this year. So where will it be taking my bike if it gets recalled ?
    I'll have a look later and post number

16. jonesy

jonesy Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    worcestershire
    Cheers

17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Cheltenham and Stratford are nearest ... but Woburn is a lovely cross country ride and we make a cracking brew.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Stafford certainly have a good reputation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mikesouthby

mikesouthby Member

May 16, 2017
    Swindon, WILTS
    Had my replacement loom part fitted today, painless process and the coffee was passable..

20. jh1

jh1 New Member

Oct 13, 2017
    england
    Thanks for the offer,but I'll be popping through to Newcastle soon and will take my info into the dealership.
    Thanks again for offer - plus I'm always worried about passing all my details about.
    Thanks though for offer appreciated.
    Jeff