2014 T100 Pannier Rails Help Please

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by PETER CLARKE, Oct 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    I have been searching around trying to find a second hand pair of rails for my bike but they are like hens teeth to find.

Can anyone tell me if water cooled pannier rails will fit air cooled with oil cooler bikes as to me it looks like they would but asking a dealer, no they won't and rails for my bike are no longer supplied, I have a rear carrier fitted so not all pannier rails will fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    #2 curly, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Peter,
    my 2015 Bonneville Newchurch is fitted with a standard Triumph chrome rack, (the quality of which is shocking, incidentally) I wanted to be able to use throw over panniers to increase carrying capacity for our holiday in Spain last year and so I bought a pair of chrome pannier bars from TEC Bike Parts, cost £51.55
    They take Kreiga Duo panniers easily and the bars are easily fitted and removed as required. The rack remains permanently in place, with or without the pannier bars
    The quality far exceeds the Triumph chrome rack by the way!
    Hope this helps you?
    Curly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Thanks Curly

These look just what I am looking for:).do these rails fit to top shock mount and rear foot peg fixing ?

I have done some research, pattern part pannier rails appear to have a weakness at the welds that fracture where rails meet the securing points:confused: do you leave rails on bike when bags are not fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Peter,
    that's exactly how they fit.
    They come in black or chrome finish, I opted for chrome.
    Mine have dealt with FULLY laden Kriega Duo 36 litre panniers no problem at all.
    My rails are still fitted to the bike but only take a few minutes to remove.
    They are not bad looking in my opinion.
    I'd try to photo and show you but am truly hopeless at that stuff!
    Curly

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Thanks Curly, All looks good then I will place my order with them, I am interested in the 19 tooth gearbox sprocket they have on their website now :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Sounds like the start of an end of the year spending spree!
    Enjoy it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Your correct Curly, I get a bit bored this time of year and need to get bike in order for next spring.

Thanks for all your help and introducing me to Team Tec,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1