2014 Street Triple R Comfort Seat Advice Please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by R_1000, Apr 1, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hello people

I'm interested in purchasing a comfort seat part no 2304084 for my street triple 675R 2014 model. Does anyone own this seat and could you kindly advise if they are better than the standard seat. Also are these taller than std seat. I'm already on tip toes with the std seat.

Thanking you all kindly

Kind regards
    H

2. Pocket Rocket

Pocket Rocket Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Carmarthenshire
    I am only 5ft 3" and had the comfort seat fitted on my Street Rx. No problems with comfort. Toured Europe on it with full days riding in the saddle. No issues. Felt it was slightly narrower at the front so didn't feel any taller than the original. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Thank you buddy

I just bought one on eBay part no T2304084. Apparently this is exactly the same height as standard seat but better inserts.

Part No 2304086 is the high comfort version which adds 20mm to the seat height.

Mine should be with me on Monday.

Once again thanks a million for getting back to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Received my comfort seat via UPS this morning at 09:42 to my work address. Opened the package to find the seat with torn fabric in 2 palces and marks in other area. I was very disappointed. The seller advertised as in a very good condition and no mention of the damages nor shown in the pictures. So I immediately took pictures of the damages and messaged him asking for a full refund. I asked him for a return address and said once he has received his item back then he can process the refund + return postage (where I provide him with the parcelforce receipt). I explained to him in the nicest way possible saying that the item sold to me is not as described.

Anyways he came back to me saying there are no damages and that he is not happy.

So I messaged him again the UPS delivery confirmation slip with today's date and time and explained that I received it 09:42 and at 10:00 I messaged you. So obviously I didn't do any damage.

He came back saying that item he sent was mint condition and wouldn't confirm anything about my refund request.

I contacted PayPal and they are now dealing with it.

I'm going to get this seat T2304084 direct from Triumph and it's going to set me back around £105. Just trying to figure out if its worthwhile buying it.

Let's see....

5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Amazing how many dickheads there are on Evil Bay, i wish him nothing but shit for the rest of his life :)

6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hey buddy....how are you keeping up? I am planning to visit you around May bank holiday weekend. I'll give you a bell near the time to see if it's convenient for you ;)

As for the ebay guy....I tried my best to be nice. I don't want to wish him anything bad. He has decent reviews from others. So I'm a little confused with his behaviour. Let's see how this pans out ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    We will make sure that we are around :)