America 2014 Lt - What Should I Upgrade/replace?

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Judd Dredd, Jan 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    Hello Chaps & Chapettes

I brought a standard LT last month and was wondering what views people had about upgrades?

The screen and sissy bar have been stored but before I dive into visual changes, was wondering if any mechanical should be considered first?

Many Thanks

Judd

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    tyres and springs will be the main upgrades, someone will be along soon with the proper specs, I'm sure

3. Judd Dredd

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    in respect to tyres, are there any brands to specifically go for or is it similar to cars? (Newbie to riding)

4. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Some tyres suit some bikes better, there will be someone who knows the right brands to get

5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  6. Judd Dredd

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    hello

7. Tomo

Tomo Active Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Birmingham
    If you've still got the standard exhausts on swap them for the short TOR's (they're Triumph parts). Not only do they sound better, they get rid of the catalytic converters and you'll be able to adjust your chain far more easily. This is what they look like.

DSCN3425.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. Judd Dredd

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    what is the america like to maintain?

9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    keep a very close eye on the wheels and engine fins, very susceptible to corrosion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Go for Avon tyres if they’re not already fitted :)
    The rear shocks are shit :poop:
    Change them for Hagons or YSS etc :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Judd Dredd

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    thankyou both

12. walob

walob Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Westcliff on Sea
    Nothing like Dilligaf to say it like it is!! hahahaha! Get a set of Cobra's I got mine just before Christmas they give you confidence on the bends! Get a Booster Plug if ya throttle is snatchy like mine was, makes it smoother when opening and closing the throttle and it gives ya a boost when you open her up! If ya wanna screen go for the 'summer screen' it wont look so numpty like Tomo's!! hahahaha sorry Tomo! Nice looking bike by the way!

It all costs money tho, Booster Plug £100 tyres Cobra £200 small screen on fleabay £40-80, try and get the dedicated Triumph screen easy on/off. I've just bought a saddleman seat from the states............£600!!!!:scream::scream: All money well spent tho!

• Like Like x 2