2013 Tiger Sport Luggage/exhaust Upgrade

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Brendan, Aug 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Essex
    Hi all is there anyone out there wanting to sell any luggage to fit a 2013 tiger sport or any recommendations for some new but not to expensive stuff, i also need racks/fixings. Also after a ride out a couple of days ago in very warm weather the bike was a bit lumpy in low revs, just had full service and only has 2k miles on clock . Could this be caused by tesco (premium) fuel??

2. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Brendan, do you take a pillion? If not you could always consider a rack and soft luggage. I had a 2013 Tiger Sport (excellent bike) and looked at putting the Triumph luggage until I saw the price, crazy money, so went down the soft luggage route and it worked excellent and had two tours into europe. Rack was Renntec and was about £90, waterproof bags are cheap and do a great job.

Apologies I cannot help with your tech/mech query, but some real helpful and knowledgable guys on here will be along.

5EB6F428-B3C9-4CC0-9F85-B9CDA629D2CA.jpeg

3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
  4. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Essex
    Thanks, thats an idea i more than likely wont have a pillion and your right about the cost of most luggage. I did think about the soft luggage that goes over pillion seat but i reckon the high exhaust then may cause problems.

5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  6. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    No problems with the exhaust Brendan, I used the pillion seat and rack and only used a pvc bag, it was fine (and waterproof).

If you are after a tank bag pm me, I have the one in the pic and a Triumph tank ring surplus.

Good luck with your luggage choice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I use a 50l Oxford roll back, fully waterproof, no problem with the high pipes on my Tiger and Street twin.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Essex
    Thanks for the advice Gary,ive only had the bike a few weeks ,spent a little more than i wanted but shes 1 owner and only 2k miles so i had to have it. I couid be interested in the tank bag but need to be careful with pennies before i end up divorced. Let me know gow much you would like for bag and ring.