2013 speedmaster airbox removal kit problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bigmac, Jul 27, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Hi there can anyone advise me as I changed the airbox to kn filters on my triumph speedmaster 2013 and now won't turn over . Have checked everything and have this plug from the wiring harness and have searched everywhere and can't find where it goes image.jpg

image.jpg

2. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

Jul 27, 2014
  3. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Any help would be much appreciated !!

4. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    #4 SteveJ, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  5. Harvey865

Harvey865 Member

Jul 11, 2013
    #5 Harvey865, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Was it situated somewhere hanging down/tied up between the carbs & the battery area or underneath the fuel tank?

If so, it goes nowhere, I have a spare plug just like that on my America & i'm pretty sure it's something to do with California emissions only & connects to the purge valve for the fuel emissions canister. The purge valve & emissions canister is only fitted to bikes destined for the California market so the wiring harness is redundant & is either tied up out the way or just left hanging/tucked in somewhere on the loom on non California models.

Hope this helps!

6. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Yes it's behind the battery and can't find anywhere for it to go , so that could be right . Now am really puzzled as to why the bike won't turn over !!

7. Harvey865

Harvey865 Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Is it totally dead? Kill switch
    Or turning over slowly/clicking? Battery voltage low or lose battery connection

8. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    probably talkin rubbish but have you maybe disconnected a wire accidentally, clutch switch, sidestand switch. Check fuses, you may have blown one accidentally too. Dont worry if you have hit the kill switch,I bet most of us have done it once at least. Did you disconnect the battery to do the job?? have you reconnected properly and securely??

9. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Thanks everyone for your help went through everything again tonight and found a fault with the tilt sensor unplugged it and the bike runs fine . Must have knocked it or something doh !! New sensor ordered . Thanks again for all your help folks .

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Glad you got it sorted :upyeah:

Stuff like that is the worst thing to find and usually takes forever to fix.

Cheers

Steve

11. Joe Perez

Joe Perez New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Hi, I am having the same problem. I have the same plug with nowhere to plug it in. Did you ever find out what it is for?

Also, how did you find out your tilt sensor went bad? Where is it, do you have a photo of it?

12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused:This thread is from 2014:eek:
    Doubt you’ll get an answer from anyone :confused:
    If you read the full thread someone suggested it was for the California market :confused: