Tiger Sport 2013 1050 Tiger Sport

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by zebomoto, Dec 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. zebomoto

zebomoto New Member

Oct 15, 2014
    My 1050 tiger sport 2013 model with 37k miles after being stood for a few weeks has started to play up when trying to start.turns over a few revolutions before kicking starter out just as engine is about to start.Starts with jump leads straight away and bump starts fine.I have tried new battery.Once started and run restarts until bike is left for a couple of hours and then plays up again.Any ideas? starter? Thanks John.

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Battery knackered and it sounds like it is trying to take the starter sprag clutch with it. If the engine tries to start and doesn't quite manage it, it may well 'kick back' (think kick starters kicking back .... ouch!) and take the sprag out. This is an expensive fix on almost any bike, not just Triumphs.
    Motobatt, Dynavolt and Yuasa seem to be the batteries of choice (with preferably many CCAs).

3. zebomoto

zebomoto New Member

Oct 15, 2014
    The Lithium battery that i had on it has been fine and i replaced it with a new Lithium one.Maybe i should try a conventional one first before anything else.

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Have you got an 'intelligent charger' ? Do you have an accessory socket on your bike. If yes to both of these questions and you have a power supply close to where you park your bike then you could plug in the charger every time you finish your ride-out, to ensure any new battery is kept in optimum condition.

BTW, before installing a new bike battery, ensure you have had it on charge for a good 24 hrs to ensure it is 100% condition. DO NOT take the suppliers word that it is fully charged - they NEVER are !!!

• Agree Agree x 2