2012 Speedy Front Caliper Nm Question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GuySal, May 17, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GuySal

GuySal Member

Sep 15, 2021
    Derbyshire, UK
    Hi all

I've the brake disc/pad 'squeek' so want to dob some copper grease on the back of the front pads. My user manual is rubbish though!

I've checked on forum but seem to come across either 35/40nm or 55nm for the caliper bolts! Anyone point me in the right direction pls?

Cheers all

2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    I got a download off here a while back and that shows 55 but personally it feels a bit much so I just use "feel" speed torque.jpeg

3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I would not put any copper grease on the back of the pads, even when used sparingly it attracts road grit and dirt, this in turn acts in a very abrasive manner and in no time at all the brake pistons become pitted, it may be worthwhile taking the pads out and thoroughly clean the calipers, if the pads are serviceable then just de glaze them, also by putting copper slip on the rear of the pads it can and does find it's way onto the pad material, often brake squeal is down to the age of the pads as the material hardens off excessively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GuySal

GuySal Member

Sep 15, 2021
    Derbyshire, UK
    Thanks all for the help. Gonna just go with new pads:eek:

• Like Like x 1