2011 Speed Triple - Alternate Tune Options

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Ridebjj, Aug 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ridebjj

Ridebjj Member

Aug 4, 2021
    The hot hot desert
    Hello,

First post after reading for several weeks.

Picked up my first Triumph about two weeks ago. A 2011 S3 - non abs in near perfect shape with < 8000 miles on the clock. Great bike, super fun.

Among other fairly tasteful mods done by the previous owner(s) was the installation of a competition werkes exhaust, and - according to tuneecu, the use of this map:

20483 - Speed Triple 1050 from VIN 461332 to 537880 Production silencer Fuel up to E25 Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON)
    fuel

I've done a lot of searching and reading, trying to figure out if this is the optimal map or not? Everything seems fine, but I'm no expert obviously.

If anyone has any thoughts - I am all ears.

Thank you.

2. Ridebjj

Ridebjj Member

Aug 4, 2021
    The hot hot desert
    Update -

Decided to just fiddle around myself, since no input from anyone here. First up is the Squire Nixon tune, with removed 02 sensor and the marble in the SAI. It's hard to tell much difference, and I'm getting the same overrun pops which I don't mind, but I usually prefer stealth so I was hoping they'd have gone away. I know it could be because air is still getting in, so I've got one of the block off kits on order, along with a 17 tooth sprocket.

That is all.

3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #3 Ducatitotriumph, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    The block off plates should help quite a bit with the pops etc.
    I quite like 'em (pops) tbh so i'm not going to fit them.
    Sorry for your no response about the fuel map question you raised.
    Sometimes threads fall through the cracks and people forget to respond (they all go to the babes one and the laugh one... :):):))
    If you are happy with the performance, no need to tinker.
    Could be heading into an avenue of pain...!!

4. Ridebjj

Ridebjj Member

Aug 4, 2021
    The hot hot desert
    Oh yea, I know full well what the rabbit hole can be like. I have a highly modified car that's my daily. Bigger turbo, custom tune, suspension, custom fueling, etc etc. Half the reason I bought a bike after 3 years without one was boredom with the car.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1