Speedmaster 2010 Speedmaster Dresser Bars

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Bazzereh, Apr 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bazzereh

Bazzereh New Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Slimbridge UK
    Hi, I am fitting some engine dresser bars to my 2010 speedmaster (and after a long struggle to get the four bottom footrest bar bolts back in with the spacer plates) I found that because the top mountings sit under the captive nut bracket that has the oil cooler top mounting incorporated into it it is not possible to get the bolt back in as the holes are now offset the thickness of dresser bar mountings. The triumph instructions make no mention of this so are you supposed to leave the bolt out or have I got something wrong here.
    If someone else has fitted these what did you do.
    Thanks Barry.

2. BA_martin

BA_martin Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2019
    Chestfield, Kent
    Which dresser kit did you get, A9758059? I remember back when I fitted mine to my America the dresser has to be inserted between the frame and the cradle or you get the same situation you describe. I can take some photos tomorrow if it would help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bazzereh

Bazzereh New Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Slimbridge UK

4. Bazzereh

Bazzereh New Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Slimbridge UK
    Hi thanks for the reply. Yes A9758059 is the one I have and my first thought was that it fitted between the cradle and frame but this is not possible due to the mounting bracket being U shaped. As the oil cooler is mounted on rubber bushes I managed to lever it across enough to fit bolt, not ideal but should be ok.
    I must say I am a bit disappointed with finish quality on some of the out of sight parts, quick flash over with paint with no primer. Reminds me of early days of Japanese bikes.

5. BA_martin

Dec 29, 2019
    Chestfield, Kent
    A9758059 should look like this, the two top brackets are not connected. Dresser bar.jpg

The bracket slides in between the frame and the cradle once the hex bolts are removed.

131020 3_small.jpg 131020 3_dresser mount.jpg

Where are you seeing the poor paint finish? The dresser is triple stage chrome (my bike is 2002 and the dresser has been on since 2010) and the frame and cradle is powder coat. I've had 4 America's (2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006) and the paint finish has been fine on them all.

6. Bazzereh

Bazzereh New Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Slimbridge UK
    Hi yes it is as drawing and if you look at top mountings they have a lip around the edge the ones on your ( very nice looking ) America look to be flat allowing them to slide between frame and cradle.
    Poor finish on front mudguard mounting brkt / fork brace, brake pipe clip brkts on front mudguard, cradle frame / oil cooler / horn nut brkts, horn, starter motor. The bike is 10 years old perhaps previous owners not to keen on bike cleaning.

7. BA_martin

Dec 29, 2019
    Chestfield, Kent
    Checked on my bike and actually I remembered incorrectly, the dresser bar is inside the cradle on both sides, not between the cradle and the frame. My dresser bracket is flat but from what I can see, if mounted inside the cradle only the nuts sit inside the lip. Does this make sense????