America 2010 America Exhaust Advice

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Kyle_O., Mar 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kyle_O.

Kyle_O. New Member

Mar 12, 2021
    NC
    Hello,

I have a 2010 America with the stock exhaust. I've been riding it a few years now (new-ish rider) and am looking to upgrade its sound. I love the sound of the long TOR's, alas they are no longer sold, at least anywhere I can find in the Carolina's. So, any advice on a set of pipes that's decently priced that will give a good deeper tone? I was leaning towards the TOR's simply because they're not obnoxiously loud pipes some like to switch to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Member

May 29, 2020
    Arkansas, USA
    Arkansas here, similar boat, no Triumph ANYthing in Arkansas!
    I have no direct advice but I have a somewhat similar bike, '09 Speedmaster. I have thought similar, read around the 'net some and have ordered a set of "Maverick Cannon Exhausts" on order from Maverick. A link to his website is below.

https://maverickcustoms.bigcartel.com/category/exhausts

HTH a bit,
    Tommy

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I am running Staintune's on mine, but they ain't cheap. Fortunately, it came to me that way. I just say stay away from the "shorty" pipes. They get awfully loud. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kyle_O.

Kyle_O. New Member

Mar 12, 2021
    NC
    Let us know how your new pipes look and sound when you get them! I looked them up, the few videos you can find sound great, and decently priced as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Member

May 29, 2020
    Arkansas, USA
    I am hopeful to receive them in a week or three!
    Tommy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer New Member

Jul 16, 2021
    Louisville, KY

Did you ever get your exhaust? I just bought a 2012 model and it sounds like a sewing machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Biff

Biff Active Member

Jul 17, 2021
    Buckinghamshire
    #7 Biff, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    I blew the stock pipes on my 2006 America (faulty igniter). Couldn't find a Triumph replacement and went for Craftride Turn-outs:

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 17.04.54.png

They're very similar to Highway Hawk Turnouts. How do they sound: a bit loud

Biff