2009 Speed Triple Radiator Frustration

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Banksy, Jul 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Banksy

Banksy New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Staffordshire
    A little bit miffed at how long it takes to get a new radiator replaced - after a poor quality re-core and a failed repair to said re-core, I thought it best to have Triumph fit a brand new one, with warranty etc but the Triumph dealer had to postpone my booking because they can't get one for some time. Triumph have them due to the factory on 4th August, so then need to wait for the dealer to let me know they have one. Dealer doing their best I'm sure but it's not like the bike has made classic status yet, so I'm a bit miffed at the time it takes. Even considering one off eBay (not keen though) or does anyone know of anywhere else?

2. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Hi Banksy.
    I find it strange that your dealer is taking so long to source one.
    Back in June I purchased a 2012 STR from a dealer in Kent. The one thing I was unhappy about was that the radiator was rusting & had been painted by it`s previous owner to cover up/bodge. Anyway, the dealer said he`d have it sprayed for me professionally for me but alas on re-installation it sprung a leak. He seemed to get one & genuine triumph one in a couple of days without too much trouble...they are around the £600 & the ones on fleabay for £300 look pants.
    I`d be tempted to give em another call & chase em up. I can still get a lot of bits for my Street triple r even though it`s a 12 plate.

3. Banksy

Banksy New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Staffordshire
    Hi Thruccyboy, thanks for the message, they have now booked it in for the 12th August, although I'm not holding my breath as they are still saying the rad isn't due to the factory until 4th August. Yeah, £600 is what I understand - they are not cheap !!

4. Banksy

Banksy New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Staffordshire
    So Triumph dealer replaced the rad with a brand new one but the rad guard they fitted 3 months earlier no longer fits because Triumph have altered the size of the new rad, making it approximately half inch wider !! At least the dealer saw my irritation and after altering the guard they made it fit at no cost to me - they were unaware that Triumph had changed the size !!